Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #11 
lvandert

i also highly recommend more plants for your girls. other than that their gorgeous tanks
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #12 
bettaluvr

I took some plants from my community tank and a 2 gallon I have, I leave the LED light on about 16 hours a day right now so they will grow quick.
Attached Images

bettaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #13 
bettaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitax3x View Post
Side note: your male is gorgeous
Thank you..he is a very handsome boy! He's such a good guy also he's pretty peaceful with his tank mates, I even have a male guppy in with him and he's nice to him. When I bought him in March he was just black and blue..the red appeared later.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #14 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaluvr View Post
I took some plants from my community tank and a 2 gallon I have, I leave the LED light on about 16 hours a day right now so they will grow quick.
As a side note, plants benefit from having dark/night periods much like any other living creature. I've read that having 10-14hours of light is optimum. I've had my lights on for too long at times and my plants started to "burn" the edges of the leaves started to brown and decay.

The best way to get your plants to grow is just for good spread out light so that everything gets it and very little is shaded. And, having a good quality fertilizer will promote growth.

You fish look lovely. I saw what looked like neon tetras, mine go well with my betta and they seem best of friends but be careful they can nip at his tail if they are stressed out.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #15 
bettaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
I've read that having 10-14hours of light is optimum.
You fish look lovely. I saw what looked like neon tetras, mine go well with my betta and they seem best of friends but be careful they can nip at his tail if they are stressed out.
Actually I have the LED light on about 10 hours and the moon light on about 4, so that shouldn't be too much, the tetras are very peaceful in the tank and keep to themselves, they wouldn't dare nip at my boys fins he truly is the boss of the tank.
The two guppies and the two balloon mollies are always hanging out together...the balloon mollies are my favorites aside from my betta..they were given to me free to adopt at my local petco a few weeks ago when I went in and bought another betta and they are very cute and always "pecking" at the plants and indian almond leaf I have in there.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #16 
Scienceluvr8

Very nice community tank! The plants in there look great!
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #17 
bettaluvr

Thanks but actually it's plant. The plant inside the driftwood overwhelmed the other plants I had and they wouldn't grow, I even tried trimming it. I think what I'm going to do in both tanks is corner it and not center it and put some more plants around it. I'm going to petco today and going to get some more plants and decorations for both tanks.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

What beautiful tanks and beautiful fish.

Has your sorority tank always been decorated that way? I'm starting a sorority soon and I've been told to heavily plant it to prevent too much agression... ?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #19 
bettaluvr

I just set the sorority tank and got the girls last week. I bought them off ebay. Yes lots of plants and hiding places they like to harass each other! I was going to just wait for the Aponogeton to grow like I did in my community tank but I'm going to get some more plants at petco tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #20 
bettaluvr

Went to petco today and got a package of those aquatic bulbs with the lilly, onion and aponogeton for both my tanks...hopefully most of them sprout soon. I also got a nice sunken head with moss on it and the girls love it as there seems to be always one inside it, also made a nice cave where the bully of the tank and african dwarf frog are usually hanging out.
Attached Images

Last edited by bettaluvr; 06-23-2012 at 06:38 PM.