Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #1 
AltheaGlyndwr

So maybe it's not a betta fish but...

I have an otocinclus that I just got yesterday and it had been doing just fine since I got it. Fine before I got into the shower and now that I am out I found it floating in the water near the filter, not stuck to anything. I first reaction is that it died. So I try and net it. Well, it swims away but then goes immediately back to its comatose like state. I try and net it again, then it does it again. I finally catch it, put it in a seperate bowl to get a good look at it and right after I get it into the bowl it moves momentarily. I watch it and it doens't appear to be breathing but about every 30 secs or so it frantically swims towards the top of the water, not making it, and then falls to the bottom appearing dead. I notice now that it has a ripped fin and its back spine area is oddly curved. Is it actually dying and if so what should I do? I feel bad and really don't know what else to do, but I didn't want whatever is going on the happen in the tank and I really don't want it to die in there and contaminate everything while I am at work for over 8 hours... Help please? Should I just let it figure itself out?
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #2 
AltheaGlyndwr

I have to go to work now and I really do think it's dead now because it hasn't moved for a long time. :/
Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #3 
Blue Fish

I don't know what might be wrong, but I'm so sorry! It always hurts to lose a pet. :(
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #4 
AltheaGlyndwr

I ended up losing a secon while I was at work :/