Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #1 
MistersMom

Don't Get Me Wrong.

Don't get me wrong,im not racist and i don't hate pit-bulls, in fact i am very fond of them, but when your dog is aggressive towards other people, should you bring it to a public place? no.
here is what happened...
i was at the laundry mat, me my sister and mom, and this man from Baltimore was there, and the laundry mat we go to is a smaller one, its in Bartlesvill Oklahoma, so its not the city like he is used to, and he is chatting it up with my mom, and he has a handsome pit with him, i ask if i can pet it, being aware that some dogs are not social, he said 'ehh sure' so i walk over to it, and it growls and snaps and jumps at me, i jump back, and look at the man, he says ' sometimes it likes people other times it doens't' i was like 'well if your dog is aggressive towards most people, do you think a public, and very used laundry mat is a good place to take it!?!?!?! ' there were 3 women, each had babies about 3 months and younger, and one was walking by with her baby, and this dog almost bit her!!!! the man just got up and stood in front of it, and he didn't tell any one 'hey my dog bites, stay away' no instead he walks inside leaving it out there with all these people it doesn't know, and when another lady walks up the man literally has to RUN out there so the dog doesn't attack her!!!! i was like (pardon my french) why the hell would you bring your dog like that to such a public place???. he ended up leaving with his half dry clothes because his dog was so damned aggressive.

Why would some one do this? it does not make people think good things upon,black people or pit bulls when you act like this.... i mean, i have nothing against either i have friends who are black and i have friend with pits, but why would you do something like that?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #2 
tpocicat

All I can think, is that some people don't think.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #3 
MistersMom

exactly, and he tried to say it was a friendly dog, and if there is ANY dog i don't want to be bitten by its a pit , because when they bite down their jaws lock, and you cant open them...
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 
Enkil

No dog can lock their jaws. That is a myth.

I don't understand some people. It is like someone forgot to give them/teach them common sense. Personally, I would never even keep a dog that was aggressive like that. If it is people aggressive, it is very much like a ticking time bomb.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #5 
Aus

Once more, I wish was there was a law against stupid people.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #6 
tpocicat

One time we were at a LPS with our bully when he was about 8 weeks old. Another customer had a grown bully they claimed was friendly, this pit stood stiff, with a stiff tail slowly wagging. I knew that was a sign of aggression and so did my pup! We left as soon as we politely could.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #7 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Any dog can hold onto someone pretty equally.. You generally don't want to be bit be a short faced dog, as they can get more psi in.. On the other hand my long faced dobe has freaking fangs, I'd rather not get bit by either.

Personally I never ask to pet someone's dog anymore unless I can tell it's a really sweet dog. In my experience people form a bubble that their dog is an angel and not responsible for anything.. One ladies dog jumped aggressively at my girl once, snarling and the whole deal, and apparently it was my dog who started it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #8 
Enkil

People like this are why these dogs get such a bad name.

I took my Fenris to the park the other week when I went to visit family. My sister and I took my daughter and nephew to play. I had a father come over with two very young children (about 3 and maybe 2) to ask if they could pet Fenris. I knelt down, telling Fenris to sit. Once he sat nicely, I told them they were free to pet him. I kept a hand on his shoulders to make sure he wouldn't get too excited and jump. He behaved very well and gave lots of kisses. The little boy who was maybe two then put his hand in Fenris' mouth. The dad's eyes got really big. I told Fenris "Easy" and he brought his head back to then lick the little boy's hand and face.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #9 
MistersMom

See, thats a good dog right there, my dogs give kisses to any one, and they aren't aggressive at all unless you are on a bike lol, or hurting one of us, but if you bring another MALE dog around, its all teeth and snarls, its horrible, as much as i love them, i wish they werent like that they get along fine with females, and puppies of either gender but not a grown male....

but this dog looked friendly all happy and smily next to its owner, but i guess i was wrong.... and ht worste part is, is that, he had it sitting right nextto the door, i litterally woulndt go out side until he put it in his car, because i was scared the leesh would rip... i like pit bulls, but not aggressive ones, and yes Pit bulls jaws DO lock, its a deffense thing that hte people who breed them breed into them, it locks on their prey or another dog in fights, so yeah, i looked it up and everything...
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #10 
Enkil

They do not lock. They have done studies on them. I am a vet student. They have busted that myth. No dog has "lock jaw". They are strong and any dog's jaws can be hard to pry open.

It's a shame that the man you met has let his dog become like that. Sometimes it is from inbreeding but a lot of times it is the person who raised/owns the dog. It's really sad.