Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #51 
Thomasdog

Yes, everyone.

Shirley:

Yes, it is true that any dog can be raised with kindness and still be agressive, on the same hand agressive dogs can be shown kindness and change. Or, at least, tolerate people.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #52 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
Yes, everyone.

Shirley:

Yes, it is true that any dog can be raised with kindness and still be agressive, on the same hand agressive dogs can be shown kindness and change. Or, at least, tolerate people.
Agreed. with much rehab most or any dog can be saved. I will however not tolerate most dogs if they bite. I will not risk my life or limbs for a dog in no circumstance. What saved ratdog is we found his triggers. His triggers were strangers coming around those he loved, in short, he was to dominant and that had to be worked out. We showed him by simply ignoring his behavior when he acted up. The only time he would bite is if a stranger tryed to touch him or us so that made it a little easier to control and guide. He died of old age as a very loving dog but he still had his quirks. I don't give up on dogs lightly but some cases are to rough for me. As I said, No animal is worth a person getting a bite or worse, losing their life. All the fault lies with the people though.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #53 
Thomasdog

True... If you can find what triggers a dog, you can prevent bites. That's how Thomas is. And that is how every dog is. All dogs will bite. It is your job to prevent that from happening to yourself and your dog.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #54 
Shirleythebetta

What I really pity are dogs like my Terrier mix. He was ferrel. Dropped off at a cow processing facility and weighed about 3 pounds at 2 months old. The vet said he was a few days from starving and hadn't had food in about a week. now he is my angel. He is ornry but I love that. He is a blast. My current struggle is the beagle/bassett. She has a slight food agression but with discipline she is improving. Now she walks away when one of the other dogs approaches the bowl or me or my husband does. Her issues now are behavioral like getting into the garbage and on counter tops. She also likes to claim furniture but I don't blame her. She had been in several homes and had no discipline. Had a doggy door and came and went as she pleased. She just freaked out a little when she had boundaries. I guess it all comes down to realizing that a dog has a breed which will determine some things but it's all about the human being able to control the different aspects of that breed. Good chatting with everyone on this.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote