Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #1 
staffylover

Stimulation

I need some help as the Internet can be a minefield!

I want to make my tanks as interesting as possible for my Betta's. I currently have a variety of pebbles, different shapes and sizes and a variety of live plants which they love to swim through, some are quite bushy and tall and they tend to sleep in these.

I have been reading up on betta 'toys' for want of a better word and have come across ping pong balls, bottle tops, hoops, tubes and the most debated - mirrors!

They are both housed in a heated and filtered 20 litre tank each and they have rocks/pebbles so I dont have room for a cave but would like to try them out with some of the toys.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations?

Also what are peoples opinions to the mirror being used?

Is there anything I should add to their environment to make it more enriching for them?

I also feed them betta flake daily and live food once a week which means they have to catch their own, is once a week regular enough?
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

Mirrors work well for keeping them active and getting them to flare~ I would only let them stare down a mirror a few minutes each day though, so you don't stress them out.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #3 
staffylover

Thanks, I tried the bottle top earlier. Diesel was not interested and Blade just kept flaring up at it so I took it out after a couple of minutes. Think I will try that again tomorrow and see how they get on, I think Diesel will be OK with it for short periods of time and mat start to show interest but not sure about Blade. Blade is very fiesty and is very territorial of his tank and does not appreciate me putting my hands in to remove plants as they start to die off, he literally charges at me
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote