Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 
Luimeril

new tiny babby veiltail

and, i spelled babby right. 8U it's a Tumblr thing. xD

i've been wanting a new boy or girl for a while now. having 8 bettas felt funny. lol Ma wanted to go get her fake nails taken off, so she offered to take me to the pet store today. i wasn't expecting much, since it's Tuesday. they get the new shipment in tomorrow, so i was like 'they'll have generic reds or blue with red wash veils...'. was gonna ask to go again Thursday. but, whatever. :B went in, looked around at the new layout, then headed right for where they keep the boys.

one cup.

with the tiniest, most pathetic looking clamped veil out there. thought he was a stressed red at first, and told him if i didn't already have a red, i'd get him. passed him up. went to see if they had girls, which they didn't(didn't think so. girls go fast because of wannabe breeders), mocked the koi a bit(mimicked their fish-face), oogled some fish i don't normally look at (they had teeny little rainbow sharks. >w< and these HUGE mollies! O-o), then was drawn back to that cup.

took another good look at just how pitiful he was. tiny, clamped, a touch of fin rot...

and a lovely red-orange. more orange, now that he's settled in a bit. still VERY clamped, though. poor bby.... super shy right now, too. was wiggling up a storm in his cup, now he's shy in his pretty tank. :U

meet Jaecar. pronounced "Yay-car". :B it's German, after a good friend's RP character. sweet guy, hoping his sweetness will rub off on this boy.

Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

Take good care of him~

I really like that color :o
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh the poor dear!!! Thank goodness you saved him. >_< I think he will be stunning, I find that the bettas with the saddest stories have just the greatest personalities.
:)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #4 
Luimeril

all my boys and girls are spoiled rotten. xD he's already colored up alot more, turning a stunning burnt orange-ish on the body with lovely orange fins. and little Jae's flaring at Pyro, who's like.... twice his size. xD

he's just more proof that Pet Lover's gets very interesting bettas in. 8U
Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 
Luimeril

new pics! :D

first, are two i took the first night i got him. .3. babby...

you can see how clamped he was. .3.

next, are pics i took tonight. they're not very good, but you can at least see his color, body shape, and tail shape.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

Too cute! He's already looking better. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

So pretty and cute love his color !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #8 
Luimeril

thanks! he's being picky about his food(he doesn't like the flakes i'm stuck feeding them), but he's so much better. not clamped at all. still very shy, but getting braver by the day. <3