Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #1 
Ant10a

Personality Stories of your Bettas!

I love reading and hearing about other people's experiences with their bettas.

I am just wondering what your bettas personalities are like...

We have 3 in the house.

1 is relaxed, and always is there to greet you and stare at you. He reacts like a dog when he sees you are going to feed him. It's quite cute.

1 is a hyperactive fishy lol. Constantly has to be moving except when he goes to sleep. He is always wanting attention, and whenever he sees me hes there waiting for me to go see him.

I just got another today, and he seems to be a mellow kind of guy. Im waiting until his personality starts to come through as he gets used to everything and me, but I think hes going to be the calm one of the bunch.

What are your bettas like? Care to share? lol
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

Portal Prime is an active and curious boy, and is quick to get irritated and act like a brat -w- But he is also dangerously smart.

If I'm in the room he is always trying to see what I am doing, or follows me when I move. If I stare at him, he stares back. Sometimes he'll swish to get my attention but if I ignore him he sit on his marimo to sulk~ lol
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #3 
kfryman

Mars is highly aggressive (flares at your finger and was also nonstop flaring in the store), active, curious, and always wants attention.

Tilda is a fighter and the alpha, she always wins fights almost untouched.

Rarity is quite curious and checks everything out, she loves to find the shrimp pellets and swim around with them until she can eat them.

Sun is quite the derp and very curious, she loves to jump out of the water, once she jumped all the way out of the tank down like a 4 foot drop onto the floor, scooped her up and put her back in, she swam like nothing happened.

Belle even though the 3rd biggest gets chased more then the others, but she stands up for herself, she also loves jumping and eating shrimp pellets.

Alala is the 2nd smallest, but is tough (she tried to fight Tilda), likes to jump, and has "battle scars" (I got her from the petstore and one of her gillflaps was cut bad and one of her fins was badly damaged (both still are) so I call her a warrior.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #4 
lelei

Oh yes..I live to share my Sammy stories..he is one silly lil fishy..lol..he has taken quite well to our ..myself and my daughters schedule..and looks forward to getting fed in the morning..his most exited time..when we come to the tank..he is so happy to se us..and as soon as I start to open the civer to put the food in..u would swear he was a lil dog waggin his tail..and jumpin up as much as he can to grab at the food..so much so..he misses..and has to try agian.

On days when I watch tv ..he watches with me for a lil bit..and makes laps around the tank ..comes back to eatch some more and goes back around..so cute I just love it:)
I recently took in a rescue..who has slowly adjusted to noise..and human intetaction..and is now watching us..but not that intetested yet..he still has to get well..hes in ahospitak tank..but t/g hes eating better..so hopefully soon he will get more energy.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #5 
Ant10a

Henry dances to music. Hes the one who is more relaxed, but knows when it's time to eat haha.

Tidal is the hyperactive one.

Wave is the new one. So hes quiet for now lol.
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 
fleetfish

Zucca is shy and doesn't really interact with me. He's always flaring at Sumo, and is the last to eat his food.

Sumo is a feisty little guy. He always zooms up to the front of his tank and dances whenever he sees me.

Knight is slowly coming around, and flares occasionally at Sumo and Marvel. He's a champion bubblenester, often making his nest so big they fill half of the surface area of his tank.

Marvel is just a sweetheart, but he's also a bit vain. He knows he's a handsome fish :)

Phantom is also a sweet guy, and likes his bloodworms and anything else I give him.

Brunhilda is just Brunhilda . . . . she's aggressive and likes to have all of my attention or else! She's also very curious and likes to watch me do things.

I have two others, but they are very new. Both are lovely fellas and I can't wait to see how they blossom.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #7 
Sam I Am

Cinco was my first betta. Got her as a baby and would have sworn she was male. But turns out she's female and huge (about 2.5 in). She's very picky and definitely let's you know when she's mad. I put a filter on her tank awhile ago and she went up in the corner and refused to come out, I turned the filter off and she swam out immediately. Recently I decided to upgrade her from her 1 gallon to a 2 gallon across the room. She spent about 12 hrs in there, she hardly moved at all and wouldn't eat (she normally can't get enough food). So I set up a 2.5 gal in the spot her old tank was in, she loves it and has no problem with the filter (both tanks are mini bows so essentially same filter). Go figure.

Siete I also got as a baby. He's still a juvie but definitely male. He's super curious and always wanting to know what I'm doing when I walk in the room.

Grumps has the face of a grumpy old man. He's my elephant ear and has lovely silver coloring on the end of all his fins, it looks like something's shiny in his tank whenever he swims around. He's pretty mellow and loves building bubble nests.

My sorority tank has Amphrite, Nephele, Teethys, and Thalassa. They are all extremely nosy and I still can't figure out who's alpha (Amphrite or Teethys.). Nephele will come if I call her name. And they all follow me from one end of the tank to the other.

My baby, Small Fry is maybe a female? Although I'm beginning to think maybe male, we'll have to see. (S)he's a double tail. Getting more and more curious each day and loves to annoy her (divided) tankmate Siete. He chases him/her all around and you can almost see Small Fry just saying "ha ha, you can't get me!" :)

Huckleberry (I ate my own) Finn is a rescue I got from Petsmart about a week ago. He ate his tail fin down to pretty much nothing. It's growing back nicely and he's just starting to get used to me. He loves chasing his food pellets through the hornwort in his tank. He's becoming more and more interactive, I'm curious to see how his personality turns out.

And finally, Oscar. I just got him a few days ago. He's a piebald double tail. He's beautiful. And seems pretty mellow so far. Loves to swim in his tank and actually flared at me last night, it was amazing how awesome he looked!
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #8 
teeneythebetta

I have 5 females (4 are being quarantined to prep for sorority) so I only know the personality of 1.

She is a very active fish. I never see her stop moving. Ever. I don't even see her sleep xD She is very responsive to seeing me or hearing the tank top come off/be opened.

The only bad thing about her- she will nip your finger xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #9 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Love all your stories ! Perseus is a smart little guy and learned his name quickly, sometimes he will be hiding behind something and I call out his name and he pops out his little fishy head from where ever he is and looks at me..lol So cute....He is very active and plays all day long in his tank and plays ninja as I call it by weaving in and out of his plants and darting down to the bottom likes he sees something. He loves to patrol his tank and swim in and out of his floating log. I just adore this little guy he keeps me laughing and smiling all day !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #10 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Love all your stories ! Perseus is a smart little guy and learned his name quickly, sometimes he will be hiding behind something and I call out his name and he pops out his little fishy head from where ever he is and looks at me..lol So cute....He is very active and plays all day long in his tank and plays ninja as I call it by weaving in and out of his plants and darting down to the bottom likes he sees something. He loves to patrol his tank and swim in and out of his floating log. I just adore this little guy he keeps me laughing and smiling all day !
Aww what a cutie ^.^
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote