Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #1 
MrVampire181

Very Frustrated

I'm VERY upset right now.

My fish are dropping like flies. Everyday more and more are dead. No idea why.

Water changes are good, they've gotten general disease treatment, temp is only slightly fluctuating between 80F and 82F throughout the day and yet more and more are dead in my grow out tanks.

I'm very close to quitting fish keeping altogether, which if that's the case, I would have to euthanize all my fish (a good 100ish) since I refuse to sell them at this point to avoid contaminating others.

The only other option I have is investing in an R/O unit which will run me about $150 USD.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #2 
Thomasdog

D: Don't give up Mr. V! You can work through this!!! Feeling your pain right now, my girl is going through a tough time and I can't sleep.... Sparta escaped (again) and bit one of her front fins off, so now she is missing a swim fin and a ventral.... bummer...

You can do it Mr. V!!! Just Keep Going!!!

----------> Just watch this vid and it will make everything better! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIvk1cSyG8
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #3 
Aus

Oh no!
Are they having any symptoms, or just up and dying?

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you don't give up.. there has to be a reason..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #4 
MrVampire181

No symptoms at all. I think my water is going bad which sucks because my water has previously been AMAZING.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #5 
KadenJames

Have someone check the softener in your water. It could be causing a chemical unbalance that regular testing kits won't pick up on. I had this issue a while ago, all of my fry would die in the tanks. My adults seemed to handle it better, but breeding was an absolute flop. I solved it by keeping buckets upon buckets of water in a closet, COVERED in indian almond leaves. I guess the softness of the water, along with the minerals from the IAL solved the issue. It's probably something out of your control, so don't give up on the hobby! Just hang in there, you'll figure it out.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #6 
Aus

Do you mean tap water? You could always call your local council and ask if there's been changes.. perhaps it's something you can rectify.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #7 
Ramble

Don't give up, Mr. V...the answer will show up.
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #8 
MrVampire181

I'm thinking its some sort of change occuring after I fill the tank. I'm going to go purchase several decent sized trash cans to pre treat my water with IAL and AQ salt.

Ill need a pump however to refill my tanks.

On another note I need to get started on my barracks because I was using cups and the daily cleanings are draining me.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #9 
ninjafish

I understand how frustrating it can be to lose so many fish, even when you think you're doing everything just right. Last year I lost all members of my 30 gal community except a giant danio. I still don't know what happened and I was really upset, so much that I took a break for a few months.

I understand that its more difficult for you to take a break with so many fish on your hands, but try to relax. I'm sure you'll pull through! :D
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #10 
fishyinpa

I remember going through that with my bettas couple years ago,not nearly as many as you obviously but still sucked none the less. I hope you can figure it out!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote