Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #11 
mizzlainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michbelle View Post
Your fish is loooovely. If you want him to flare you can hold up a mirror to him and he'll probably flare at it. I don't know about how long you should hold it to him... It can be stressful for bettas to flare too much.
I actually tried that yesterday after letting him settle in his new home a bit, but he had no response to it
mizzlainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #12 
mizzlainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Congrats on your new fishy:) He is a beauty!! If you let him flare, with a mirror, a few mins at a time, it's excersize, again a few min at a time, it's very cool to watch..and great time to take a pic..or as you get to bond with your fishy..they just do it out of exitement..ours does it as soon as it's feeding time, when we come to see him first thing in the morning..he flares and swims with such enthusiasm..and when I showed him a picture of another fishy..lol..it really works..he flared like wild..(guess he got jealous) of me looking at another fish!!
Hmm I should try showing him another fish! haha. Thanks for the info! I would love it if mine were to flare during feeding time!
mizzlainy is offline   Reply With Quote