Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #21 
Mo

Oh and aus, would you like me to finish the substrate guide, I made the bare bottomed portion to see if you liked it. And whether or not I should keep making the rest like it
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #22 
Aus

Mo, did you see my post on p1? About the inverts/algae?

Yes, I like it! I am not sure if kfryman or raven had already started something like that tho - can I check first?

PS awwwwesommme planted tank thread! (love your tanks!)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #23 
kfryman

I could also get pictures of some other plants, I have frogbit, duckweed, water lettuce, micro swords, Anubias, rotala, ludwigia depend, hygro (I'll find the name in a sec), small variety of swords, amazon swords, guppy grass, dwarf sag, and hornwort. If you need pictures on any of those tell me.

I would be willing to do substrates and help with lights and plant pictures. I can try to get underwater pictures of the plants if you would like as well. So just tell me.

I'll hop on the computer and get started with substrates.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #24 
Aus

Pictures -- yesss!

The lights are beyond me.. I wouldn't know a watt from my butt, so you're welcome to those!

If you're doing substrates, and Mo's already done a barebottom tank bit, you could post them together in one thread? Maybe a mod can help with organising that, so the posts follow one another.

Mo has a lovely barebottom jar. I think Aokashi has some nice pics of their bare-bottom tanks as well..
Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #25 
Mo

I just set up anther micro bare bottom tank, I'll post pictures once The water clears up. And yeah, Ill need to finish some of the substrate guide tomorrow, right now. I still need to do lots more research before ai post an article on it
Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #26 
kfryman

I have a gravel tank, and gravel and dirt, however you can't see the dirt.

I am familiar with lights now, CFL, T8, T5, LEDs, and metal halide. I am also familiar with the energy the take and the output, as well as the effective ness. I have all those types of lights except metal halide and LEDs, but those are easy to come up with.

I think emailing the documents might be easier, as this the end product will be much too long.

Any fish keepers that have any planted tanks, no fake plants though, please post a picture and your tank may be starred in the completed thread. Thank You!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #27 
kfryman

Mo, what substrates do you have completed? I can do some other ones, and maybe OFL can do a special section on NPTs?

The types of substrate we should include are: bare-bottom, sand, gravel, Eco-Complete type stuff, dirted, and kitty litter ( I know sounds weird, but I have researched it).

W should try to keep it short that way the completed thread doesn't get too long, as it is gonna be a guide and some people may not like to read pages lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #28 
Aus

We actually have a planted tank thread going:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=104894

So of any nice plants shot turn up there, you could ask permission? But yes, member plant photos are very welcome here, too! Wish I had better than an iPhone to take pics with ><

Dunno about email.. you may have to ask a mod for thiers, or maybe post it up in peices, dunno how that works.. maybe PM them and ask? Get co-ordinated with Mo to share the thread? You guys can work it out. =P

Mo, are you okay to a post on barebottom tanks? Please use your little planty jar as a pic! So lovely..
Old 06-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #29 
Aus

How about.. Mo does bare-bottom, sand, gravel

and you do the other ones

and if OldFishLady agrees, she can do NPT..

and that's one heck of an informative group effort! I like!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #30 
Mo

Okay. I'll work on sand and gravel right now. I just need a good planted tank with gravel in it. All I have is bare bottomed and sand