Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #11 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
That's pretty good. Otto took forever to learn his stuff, but he does them pretty stable, even around other people/dogs. He just learned sit, lay down, heel, and he does a great 'wait' [I'll throw the ball & tell him to wait, he won't go after it till I say "okay!"]

My mutt, Shasta, on the other hand, has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. He won't behave around other dogs at all, but at home, I can get him to sit, lay, roll over, give paw, say bark, sneeze, circle, stretch, and he can jump over my leg. He learns tricks in a SNAP! I just wish he wouldn't get so moody around other dogs... he's kinda crabby...... He's a complete mutt though, even his grandma was a mutt. From seeing his parents/grandma/his personality, he is wolf, lab, [his dad was 1/2 wolf], hound of some sort, husky, border collie, and then probably a couple thousand more. Hahaha!~
Aww! I find wold hybrids to fascinating! I volunteer at a shelter- he just found a home, but they found this wolf hybrid running the streets! He was shy but friendly so he must've had an owner. He was recently adopted into a good home with people that had wolves before.

His name is Wiley (believed to have some coyote in him too)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #12 
starrlamia
Member
 
starrlamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
pit bulls arent stubborn, you should try training my BT/frenchie cross :P
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #13 
Tikibirds
Member
 
Tikibirds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Warrensburg, NY
Oooh, I had a wolf hybrid in Alaska. She was illeagle to own but try and prove it in a court of law. She was mixed with malamute. You wanna talk about stubborn..OMG:-

I was against pits for a long time. One attacked my american eskimo dog (think 20 pound white pomaranian) and would NOT let him go. Rosie (wolf cross) was with us at the dog park and she went after the Pit. A wolf hybrid and a Pit batteling it out was not a pretty picture. Anyways, it took a long time for me to trust anything that even resembled pitbull. But there were a few other ones that visited the dog park and they were all super nice and well behaved. A few times the Eskimo dog even managed to get this one male to roll over into the submissive pose which is pretty impressive since he is like 9 years old and is missing some teeth, plus he is only like 25 pounds these days.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Oooh, I had a wolf hybrid in Alaska. She was illeagle to own but try and prove it in a court of law. She was mixed with malamute. You wanna talk about stubborn..OMG:-

I was against pits for a long time. One attacked my american eskimo dog (think 20 pound white pomaranian) and would NOT let him go. Rosie (wolf cross) was with us at the dog park and she went after the Pit. A wolf hybrid and a Pit batteling it out was not a pretty picture. Anyways, it took a long time for me to trust anything that even resembled pitbull. But there were a few other ones that visited the dog park and they were all super nice and well behaved. A few times the Eskimo dog even managed to get this one male to roll over into the submissive pose which is pretty impressive since he is like 9 years old and is missing some teeth, plus he is only like 25 pounds these days.
Aww I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience. Poor baby :( I hate when people irresponsibly own them- most of the time those are the people that have them for the image, not the true beauty- their goofy personalities and joyful spirit. It's great to hear that TRUE APBTs have changed your way of thought towards pit bulls and I admire that you were willing to accept a change of mind.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #15 
Shirleythebetta
Member
 
Shirleythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio, US
I am having issues with my sister-in-law's pit bull puppy. She is still young but I don't even want to go to their house anymore. I went their to get my phone charger back and she leaped on me. She is a doll and not agressive at all. Just a large, hyper pup. She's about 8 months. What made me mad about her leaping is my sis-in-law's husband didn't discipline her at all. I had to grab her by her collar and hold her the whole time I was back there. I had to yell at him (the owner) to get her so I could leave without another scar. She scarred my forearm a few months ago. This is further proof to me it IS NOT always the dog it is the owner. I want to steal her and train her up right. My dogs are not the most well behaved but if I snap my fingers any hyperness stops and they don't jump. Well all except my Border terrier mix XD
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I am having issues with my sister-in-law's pit bull puppy. She is still young but I don't even want to go to their house anymore. I went their to get my phone charger back and she leaped on me. She is a doll and not agressive at all. Just a large, hyper pup. She's about 8 months. What made me mad about her leaping is my sis-in-law's husband didn't discipline her at all. I had to grab her by her collar and hold her the whole time I was back there. I had to yell at him (the owner) to get her so I could leave without another scar. She scarred my forearm a few months ago. This is further proof to me it IS NOT always the dog it is the owner. I want to steal her and train her up right. My dogs are not the most well behaved but if I snap my fingers any hyperness stops and they don't jump. Well all except my Border terrier mix XD
Uh oh. That pup sounds like a recipe for disaster!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #17 
Shirleythebetta
Member
 
Shirleythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio, US
That's my thought. Even though the dog's outcome depends on the owner a dog has a personality. This one reminds me of a sugar addict. They also let her run loose near a bike trail which could be dangerous too seeing as cops patrol it. OOO I really want to steal her before she hurts someone.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #18 
Tikibirds
Member
 
Tikibirds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Warrensburg, NY
Yeah, the owner didn't do A THING when he went after my dog who was still young at the time >.< I do try to keep him away from pitty looking dogs though, just incase. My dog has the worst case of little dog syndrome I have ever seen. He THINKS he is a Bull Mastiff
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #19 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Yeah, the owner didn't do A THING when he went after my dog who was still young at the time >.< I do try to keep him away from pitty looking dogs though, just incase. My dog has the worst case of little dog syndrome I have ever seen. He THINKS he is a Bull Mastiff
Aww :3 we used to have a miniature jack russel terrier that played with my two pitties. He thought he was one of them :3 He would bark when they'd bark and it was cute cos they're bark is like "WOOF!" and his was a little "woof" he was so cute I miss him :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #20 
Nuts4Mutts
Member
 
Nuts4Mutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA, 7m from the coast.
Oh... hehe, well I wouldn't consider Shasta as much of a 'wolf hybrid', you seriously can't tell at all (except for the savage way he acts when he meets a dog he dislikes.... =\), and not one person on dogster believed me! I even told them that the owners knew the dad, and he was a lab/wolf, but they just told me "Oh be quiet! I don't get why people try to say their dog is a wolf! Just so they can get people to say 'thats cool!'" Ugh! I seriously wasn't trying to do that!
Anyway, here's a couple pics of my mutt Shasta:

Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my LPS is awesome Alcemistnv Betta Chat 2 06-07-2012 05:18 PM
Awesome. duluoz Betta Chat 2 04-13-2012 06:02 AM
This is awesome!! FishyFishy89 Breeding Betta Fish 10 02-29-2012 11:03 AM
Awesome Mom! PitGurl Betta Chat 8 03-31-2011 12:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.