Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #11 
Sena Hansler

Yesterday we took him for a car ride, to get boxes, and he is pretty good in cars.No peeing, drooling, whining, howling.. =D Also, we need a bigger crate -.- I think we may ask our neighbor if we may borrow their massive one. He JUST fits in the one we have!

He also had four accidents... which seems to be the norm. He doesn't seem to go outside... For instance I catch him before he poops, get him outside, and he won't go x.x Any tips on that? We've used rags we dabbed pee up, and his own "oops" poops put outside, and he still hasn't gotten it. He also prefers playing with the pee pads xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I hate the double standard. To me, dogs are better than most humans yet they have a little to no chance in life if they're imperfect in any way. humans are never euthanised over being blind/deaf/missing a limb -_-"
I really am glad Scott gets a second chance :)
Yep. It's really sad. But we are in a world that kills perfectly healthy dogs too :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

Agreed on that Oh, and the estimated surgeries for dog's eyes depending on the problem is usualy between 2000 and 6000. -dies- ALTHOUGH he is adapting really well, and if he has double vision he may be able to "tune out one vision" which is possible in pets and people alike.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

June 23

Scott does so well in car rides. He also, does not need to be on a leash... He never likes to be too far away from you. And because he swerves, it's hard to keep a leash on him, in your hand, without both of you getting tangled up!

He also now has a pig's nose, to nom on instead of people. Right now he's snoozing, after a good couple walks outside, and tons of water.

He also has had NO accidents today, he peed outside by himself!!! Yay!

The three bedroom place we looked at, does not have a fenced yard, however the place is awesome. Downstairs has laminate, upstairs carpet... And a built in baby gate at the bottom.

The second place we hopefully see tomorrow =D

Also, his right ear flops forward now o_O
Old 06-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Scott!! =D We are getting him to learn to chew on the rope when teething, not people I surprised him when I grabbed his scruff without him knowing while he nommed a guest's foot. Didn't hurt him, just...scared him lol.

Anyways, here's some pics.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta

Aww he's so lucky to have a good mommy :) ( i hope you dont mind me calling you that, I know some people would be offended)

Everytime I see Scottie I think of my DS game Nintendogs I used to have. My fav dog on there was a GSD with scottie's markings named Rocky :3
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Awww :3 lol! Ehh, I don't mind I guess.

He will actually be a pretty darn good dog once he is house trained and is done teething o_o
Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #18 
BeckyFish97

Awww cute, how is gurgi doing?Is he better with his new playmate?
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Tch Gurgi is acting like an old fart who refuses to play. he does NOT like playing. Poor pup is trying so hard... Currently I have Gurgi at a friend's place, so we can focus on the pup, moving, and cleaning lol.

It's been about....5 times that Gurgi dashed out of the door, when usually when I say STAY he stays. And it has been frustrating on all ends! So to keep him from being snagged by the dog po po, me getting a fine, him getting hit by a car, he's "boarding" at a friend's place lol. And my friend LOVES him!

edit: teaching a dog not to bite: he is very very persistent. The way he's learning is we lpace a thumb beneath the tongue, holding his bottom jaw lightly. That, or closing his mouth, and saying "don't bite!" then replacing US with a TOY lol.

He also went pee today, outside! Yay! Yesterday he had 3 accidents - peed outside once.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 06-24-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #20 
BeckyFish97

hehe woop :D
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote