Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #1 
kellyyoungmoney

Petsmart Bettas

yes i know its bad to buy bettas from petsmart as they are severely mistreated, but i wanted to give them a good home and it didnt help that they were 99 cents.
but i got 5 females(one is mysteriously missing but thats irrelevant to this question), will these bettas grow? because they are tiny and i have a larger female betta i would like to put in with them but im afraid she'll bully them.
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

My Petsmart takes good care of them. They just don't take out the dead ones. My Lebron was $7. About that price. Maybe a bit higher. He was worth it though. ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 
kellyyoungmoney

yeah, 4 that i got looked good(they didnt really have a good amount of females) but theres a blue girl whos looking pretty rough, but hopefully she improves. but all of them are just so small that im not sure what to do with the larger female i just got. she is currently in a bowl(thats smaller than i would like) until i can watch the other girls and see if they get any bigger.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #4 
ZackyBear

I don't think you should put the larger female with the smaller ones yet if they're that small o.o (Erm...smaller female with the larger, sorry xD)

If a female betta will tear apart a smaller male, imagine what she might do to your smaller girls D: Would it be possible to put them in their own seperate tank until they get a bit older?

EDIT: I somehow missed that last sentence of yours (nearing the end of the day)You are most likely going to have to keep your larger female comfy in her bowl until the babies get bigger :3

Last edited by ZackyBear; 06-22-2012 at 04:20 PM.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #5 
Blue Fish

I know how you feel, I spent many years quite a long time ago "rescuing" all the sick/homely/torn up bettas I could afford. ;) It really does feel good when they finally start to grow and fill out and look really good compared to how they started. Plus you get the satisfaction of having rescued an animal from a pretty horrible life. :)

Mine, if I could get them healthy (most were sick when purchased), would grow and fill out nicely in a few months time. Many never got terribly big, but they would color out and their fins would get fuller over time. I would think that your girls will be the same way. :)

As for putting your big female in with the small females, I've never kept females, but I think that ZackyBear is right, that it would only lead to disaster. If you can't separate them all individually, do you have a large enough tank for all the small girls to go in together, so they could have their own sorority?

Good luck with them!! :D
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #6 
kellyyoungmoney

thanks!
i guess ill keep the big girl in the small bowl until i can get her something bigger!
and ill keep an eye on the little girls!