Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #1 
MistersMom

And My Betta's Loved Them!

Once upon a time there was a tree with a bowl shaped hole, it collected water, and even during droughts it had water. And this Betta owner took her fish net and fished out all its inhabitants, and fed them to her Fish.
Name:  resize_image_67070308 (2).jpg
Views: 135
Size:  94.1 KB
But seriously, I got my net and went up to this weird tree that has a bowl shaped hole in it, and i caught some Mosquito Larva, and some other weird bugs i do NOT plan on feeding my fish,because the bugs them selfves creep me out, 1was like an underwater rollie pollie, but not as cute... ANYWAYS, i fed each of my betta's 2 Larva, and none of them missed 1, except my female and of course her's had to be a Pupa, > any ways, they loved them!!!
MistersMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #2 
Blue Fish

We used to have a tree-hole like that...my dogs would drink out of it, and it was truly disgusting. ;) I'm glad you've put your "tree pond" to better use than mine ever had. ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #3 
MistersMom

LOL, mine a good 3-4 feet above the ground... i would be quite amazed if my dogs found their way up there!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #4 
Shadyr

Reminds me, I should check the french drains we just had installed in our bedding. They usually have an inch or two of standing water in the bottom.

Do you rinse them or anything before feeding to your betta?
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #5 
MistersMom

The Larva ? yeah kinda, why ?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

I have a couple of Blackjack Oak trees with holes in them like that

Just 2 each...gosh...lol.....I feed mine....about 10 or so each depending on how big they are...laffs.....they go nuts for them.....

I use a brine shrimp net so that I can collect the tiny mosquito larva for the Betta fry...

I always rinse mine really well before feeding and if the water I collect from is real oily and/or stink really bad-I may keep the larva in fresh water for a few hour to clean out a bit-then rinse again before I feed them....

I have been finding this weird creature in my collecting spots that I have no idea what it is and the fish run from it.....so I try to fish them out of my collecting buckets to start with....They look kinda like an elongated white jelly bean with a thin long tail that is nearly twice as long as their body...pretty creepy looking critters and they get really big too-I found some that are nearly as long and my hand including the tail and as big around as my pinky finger....Anybody know what it is......my fish won't eat them what ever they are.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

OFL, do you have a picture of it? Sounds creepy..
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #8 
MistersMom

Tadpoles? i dont know, there are some really long white worms and short white worm in mine, and a few other gross things... i only feed them 2 larva each.