Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #1 
Prettykitty

Popped my betta cherry

Got my betta today and he seems happy enough in my 4gallon (15litres) tank. He seems to be a multicolour veil and is so pretty. The guy at the shop told me he could eat tropical fish flakes but thanks to your forums I learnt that ain't the best at all. Any advice on best food? Am in Ireland and hard to get a lot of things
Prettykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

The Best Brands are Hikari, Attison's, Omega One, etc.
Omega One Buffet Pellets are the most common in Stores. But I'm in America... -_-
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #3 
lelei

You can use the flakes temporary, some betta's don't mind them, then if possible try to order online, Amazon.com or Petco.com, or Or look online for Haikari Gold..and should bring up places to buy.. :) Hope you find what your looking for, I know Haikari is great that is what our betta loves:) Also try New Life Spectrum, those are also very good!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #4 
deso

http://www.ta-aquaculture.co.uk/

That's a great aquarium website that you can order New Life Spectrum food from. The Thera-A 1mm and the Betta Formula are good. Postage should be inexpensive and quick considering your location (that is, if you're in Northern Ireland), because it takes only 4 days for them to get my order delivered to me in France.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #5 
Meggy2105

Hey, I'm in the UK so guess I am likely to have the same range of food available here as you do there. I like to give my betta a variety. I give him Tropical flakes from time to time but his main diet consists of Freeze Dried Blood worms (I use King British at the moment) and Tubifix Worms again freeze dried. He seems happy enough with that variety. Hope this helps
Meggy2105 is offline   Reply With Quote