Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #11 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I seem to have misunderstood the term "weak".... I thought you meant floppy. But viewing the picture, you might have meant "poor" caudal..... Anyway, that's a great yellow dragon. Pair him to any good formed female (excessive rays) to improve his caudal. If the half giant isn't too much bigger (approximate his length to her thickness - can he embrace her), you can pair them together. You may not get a big spawn but you will get great offspring and possibly have a half giant line.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #12 
Enkil

I think he'd be able to embrace her. I was thinking of pairing her with my giant HMPK male, but she would definitely make an interesting match with this male. She's more long than thick really. Conditioning has made her a little chubby, but I think he wouldn't have too much trouble with the embrace.
She has an interesting color too. She's all orange with her body being lighter than her head and fins.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Color wise she sounds great and you should get a number of light colored variations. But if you want to pair her to your giant, you could pair your PK guy to one of your HM...... your choice.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #14 
Enkil

I'll try her with this yellow dragon first. I can always try her with Uther later on. She really has lovely form, well balanced and symmetrical. It'll be an interesting match.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #15 
Curlyfatbottom

Post some pic up
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #16 
Enkil

I can no longer do this breeding. My sorority crashed last night. I have 1 female left.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #17 
tpocicat

:'(
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #18 
Enkil

I'm extremely angry over it and how it happened. Not going to go into it until I can calm down about it. I will be using my marble female to spawn with my marble HMDbT male. This also means I will be looking to get more females.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, no! I'm sorry.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #20 
Enkil

Thank you.

I bred him with my marble HMPK female, the only girl I had survive. I now have my bedroom/fishroom under lock and key so no tragedies can happen like this last one again.
Also, his tail has branched more since asking this question. I have seen him flare quite well now. I watched him display for my female and he has nice crisp edges with full 180 spread. He has also gotten a little bigger since coming to me. I will try to get new pics of him and the female to share.
I have a spawn log going for them. At the moment, it is a very large spawn. When they are old enough to be moved, I will be dividing them between 2 or 3 10 gallon tanks to grow out. Depending n how many make it to that stage.