Betta Fish Forum banner

lump on betta's side

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dragonflower 
#1 ·
My betta is in a 3 gallon heated tank. Last week after doing 100% water change I noticed a lump on his one side just behind his head and above his fin. I can't say for sure it wasn't there before I did the water change, but I'm thinking maybe when I cupped him he hit the lip of the cup? The bump has been there for almost 7 days. Is there something I can do for him? Could it be something other that him hitting the cup? Other than the lump, he's acting fine and seems healthy.

#2 ·
Oh boy..I really wouldn't know what to do there is a questionaire that you would need to help the forum to understand a little more about your fishy, and his living conditions.. it is a "Sticky" in the Sickness and Emergencies section..after you fill it out..I would PM OLd Fish Lady..she is an expert in these things.. I hope you get some help you need, for the meantime, is he still in the tank, or did you take him out to put him in a hospital tank, like a kritter keeper, for now, maybe with some Aquarium salt..there is specific instructions on the package, 1 tsp per gal of water, but check with OFL first..I am not sure..sorry:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.