Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #1 
ninjafish

Bettas! Names? :)

I finally have a stable internet connection, so I decided to share photos of my two bettas. One is a veiltail I purchased last week, and the other is a delta I purchased today. I was only in Petco to pick up some Amazon Swords, but alas...I need names for these guys, so throw some at me if you can think of anything!

Veiltail..Hard to get a picture of him. He doesn't like the camera. xD
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8026/7...e27361b464.jpg

delta...Anyone know what color he might be? he's like..everything..lol.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8004/7...e7a79a2c7f.jpg

with flash:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7...ea226d8f1f.jpg
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Wow they are beautiful!

Some ideas:
Niall
Orlando
Marco
Zayn
Denver
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #3 
fleetfish

Your delta looks like he's a turquoise marble and I would name him Galaxy or Jupiter or Poseidon, some sort of "sky" or "water" name. And your VT, who is a red butterfly, looks like Chili or Tamale or Vulcan, some "hot" name?

They're both gorgeous!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #4 
Nuts4Mutts

I like fleetfish's suggestion, think of names related to sky... but RESEARCH them... what I mean is try finding foreign languages instead. Old Greek roots, Latin, Spanish, etc. Which ever one's "Sky" root you like most.

Or, since your bettas are sea-bound, maybe think of your favorite movie that has sea-faring adventures [really great examples: Jack Sparrow, Cap'n Barbosa, etc (Pirates of the Caribbean)]. I just about named my new betta Cap'n Barbosa since he's in the water, and he's a fighting-fish... but then I called him Tintin like "The Adventures of Tintin" since he's sort of adventurous.

If you're not a fan of those suggestions [totally understandable :)] just keep asking around, listen really hard for names in some of your favorite shows/movies, and play around by saying cool names to yourself until you find a couple that fit for your 2 TOTALLY AWESOME bettas!

Best Regards!
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #5 
ninjafish

Thanks everyone! I really like the idea Nuts4Mutts suggested about thinking of names from adventure movies and whatnot. I think I'll call the turquoise marble male Capt'n Jack! He's got a great little personality and reminds me of Jack Sparrow from the movie. He's real vivacious and zooms around the tank, exploring.

I think I'll call the red one Mars. :) Aries seems a little overused...

Great suggestions everyone! I'm glad to have these little guys in my life again. ^^
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #6 
Nuts4Mutts

Those are awesome names for them! I really wanted to call my snail "Snowy" (because in the movie "Tintin", Snowy was Tin's pet dog)... but 'snowy' doesn't exactly describe a pink snail... so I called him Gary, like off of SpongeBob! =D

We all would love to hear how Capt'n Jack & Mars do in the future!

One really cool idea for if you want to remodel the tanks, do like a pirate-theme for Jack, and then a red/alien/planet/space/etc theme for Mars. THAT would be totally awesome! C;

Best Regards!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh they are awesome so beautiful both of them ! I really like the names too and lots of good ideas from people.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hey Nuts6rMutts you have a pink snail thats awesome...what type of snail is he and where did you get him ? I am kinda thinking about getting a snail, I have a Gary ornament, I love Gary !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #9 
Nuts4Mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Hey Nuts6rMutts you have a pink snail thats awesome...what type of snail is he and where did you get him ? I am kinda thinking about getting a snail, I have a Gary ornament, I love Gary !
I honestly am unsure what kind of snail he is. I got him at a tiny reptile store in town, she threw him in for free. I'll ask her tomorrow what type he is though. =)