Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #11 
Nuts4Mutts

Wow... okay, that's a lot of replies, honestly didn't think I'd get that many ;p Thanks all of you guys!

The bettas at the PetCo I saw all looked fairly healthy, there were the different tails pretty much all over, didn't see just CTs on top & VTs on bottom =) All of the cups had crystal clear water, no food at all. So I think they probably do it like how aokashi and puppyrjjk said they do. I did notice though that the King Bettas each had their own fancy shelves they sat on... Honestly, I don't think I would trust getting a chain-store's CT betta, because it's a LOT harder (at least for me) to spot fin rot on them than it is like a HM or Delta betta.

I think I'm glad that I bought a betta at a small family-owned store (I absolutely love the owner, she also keeps HER pets there... it's a reptile store... but some of the critters that she rescues, she'll let them heal at her shop, and then she'll get attached to them & keep them. That's how she got her teal betta, Spot. He was white with 1 spot & had been put with another betta, so she rescued him & he was all torn up. By the time he was ready to go back for sale, she got attached to him & he had turned into a dark beautiful teal)
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

I wish we had our small self-run business here ;( Ralph's Pet Store... He brought in his pets, he knew what he was talking about, and everything was healthy!
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #13 
Shadyr

I found a new petstore this weekend - "Pet Supermarket". I went in, the store was nice, clean, large. Looks like a Petco or Petsmart kinda of place. They were doing dog adoptions through a rescue, which was nice. I went back to the fish tanks - clean, all had live plants, didn't see dead fish. I was thinking this was pretty neat, so I went hunting the bettas.

Poor things were in the smallest cups I have yet seen Fail! And such a promising first impression. And there was a spadetail girl I wanted sooo much, but I'm not ready for that project yet. They looked healthy and their water was clean at least.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
I found a new petstore this weekend - "Pet Supermarket". I went in, the store was nice, clean, large. Looks like a Petco or Petsmart kinda of place. They were doing dog adoptions through a rescue, which was nice. I went back to the fish tanks - clean, all had live plants, didn't see dead fish. I was thinking this was pretty neat, so I went hunting the bettas.

Poor things were in the smallest cups I have yet seen Fail! And such a promising first impression. And there was a spadetail girl I wanted sooo much, but I'm not ready for that project yet. They looked healthy and their water was clean at least.
I have one here too. I never go there because mine is dirty. I understand it's a petstore and it's not gonna smell nice but it REEKS. I do print coupons online, they release monthly $2/$10 and $4/$20 coupons that PETco & petsmart accept as long as you have a pet shpermarket near you. http://printable-coupons.blogspot.co...t-coupons.html
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #15 
Knitterly

our pet supermarket is way cool. the staff is great and the same few staff members every time and they know what's up with everything. for. long time they only had betta supplies and not bettas but last time I was in they had so
e in blue water. cups were average size for around here.
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #16 
Nuts4Mutts

Hm... well, definitely I wanna stick to buying local... I think I might try getting one of Petco's baby bettas if I ever can get another one [probably won't be able to until Tintin kicks the bucket... which hopefully WON'T be soon, lol!] though... but local is just so much better, especially when you know the owner is very genuine & trustworthy.

We don't have any great stores around here though. The nearest Petco is an hr drive, so the only 'pet' places are the local Feed&Seed [no fish stuff there], reptile shop [reptiles, amphibians, fish, and etc stuff], Mini Pet Mart [just all the accessories/food/etc... no animals but crickets]...

So pretty lame if you wanna be a little girl who wants to go to the petstore to see the puppies & kittens, lol!
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote