If I did do a water change (I'm just paranoid since he got sick literally immediately after the water change both times). How would you recommend doing it in his delicate condition so that he doesn't get more stressed/sicker? I really don't want to do anything that might shock him more at the moment.
I think he's getting a smidge better because his fins aren't as clumped anymore. I think he's having vision problems though, because it's taking him longer to aim at his food even when it's right in front of him.
He's no longer on the bottom of the tank. I think that's a good sign because I think I read that with ammonia poisoning first they're by the top and then they go to the bottom and lies sideways. So I think he's out of the high danger zone to the medium danger zone (still dangerous but a little more reassuring).
His breathing has slowed too. Although I'm a bit worried it might be a little too slow now. He has periods of responsiveness and period of lethargy.
I'll attach an updated picture! My phone has a flash so the color is a little bit off, he's not quite as vibrant as the picture makes him appear. Keep in mind the picture was taken right after I fed him, which is partially the reason why he's not quite as sideways as he was (he's at like a 45 degree angle instead of 90 like before)