Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #11 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Thank you for the pH reading. Mine only goes up with time.

You don't have to wait a day to continue removing ammonia. A big pH difference it the one that can shock them.

And, of course, the mesh hammocks are trick.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #12 
prodrumernate

i cant seem to get my ammonia down..about 2 or 3 days after they died and i removed them and cleaned out the water.it was at about 1..2 months the tank was at about 2...im trying to decide to start all over or get some feeder fish and see how they perform in it to make sure its not contaminated ince all my girls did within about 2 weeks...

great thank you.i love the setup and want to try it with another tank i have.i have a 15 gallon hex and a 20 gallon long doing nothing..i actually have a few extra suction cups.i bought off a guy from craigs lit,about 6 pumps and rock and decor,a large filter and a few other goodie for 20 bucks.i was surprised to see a ballast in there as well..its actually the same guy that i got my 20 gallon from but it was free..my hex i fount out by my apartment dumpster,had a few craks in it but i got some plate glass and 100% silicon and patched it up myself.did a test and it hold great..

i now want to creat a little hammock or something for my betta in her 2 gallon..he like to watch me(tanks at the foot of my bed) and putting her up high will be easier for her to see me :) ill get the pic now and save it..its a great setup and looks really great
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #13 
Aurie

Well I did a 75% water change today and my ammonia still hasn't gone down, but it's still manageable..

I'm glad I know about cycling because that tank would be at like 8 by now if I hadn't done these water changes.. I don't mind doing them, and it's gotten me to get my other 10 gallon clean too..

I keep moving things around, but I'm starting to get very happy with this setup, now I just need my plants to grow big and strong
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #14 
prodrumernate

even i have problems with my ammonia still.my tank has been without fish for a week.but its slowly lowering as i do water changes.i change more water than before
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote