Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #1 
Cerulean

thanks to everyone and a few more questions

Thanks especially to bladezero and ramble but also to all on here who love our bettas. The great news is Cerulean is healthy again and blowing a huge bubble nest, and he has done his first flare and show since i have had him and that is almost a year now. yeah. Thanks to all of your advice i have now seen that the bowl i have for him was not good enough and was feeling bad. It was probably about 1 litre but i have done better now,. I have bought him a minbow, 2.5 gal and am hoping that this will improve his life. i initally thought that the incandesent light in it would be enough to raise the temperature higher than his current nothing in the bowl but i will look into getting him a heater soon if it doesn't. also i would like to get him in right away and seeing how he is use to the bowl i think that even this tank uncycled would be better than his bowl. I plan to get him into tomorrow and will do frequent water changes to help him through it. how do you suggest doing water changes while not disturbing his lovely bubble nests? and is there maybe a little friend i could put in with him or is he best alone. Thanks again everyone for helping me see my error and keep up the good work with others. Updates to come and hopefully some pics if i can figure it out.
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #2 
prodrumernate

first off im glad to hear Cerulean is healthy again.though i did not read your last post.its great news to know any fish has recovered from any ordeal..congrats :)

as for cleaning the water without disturbing the bubble nest.i would use a gravel vacuum.that way you can vacuum up the waste on the bottom and not disturb the nest.

since it is a 2.5 gallon.i would keep him in there alone.i would say more like a 10 gallon if you wanted to add a couple tank mates.im not too sure about a 5 gallon but personally think it might be a little too small.plus have a lot of plants and hiding places as well.

again congrats...maybe others will agree with having a tank mate or 2 in a 2.5 gallon.i just havent read anything about a tank that size.though i did have a pleco in my 2 gallon with my female betta.maybe an albino pleco would be great in there. :)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #3 
Bladezero

I answered in the old threat but we want pictures :D
Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #4 
Cerulean

Pics are coming if I can ever find my camera cause I would love to show him off, he has come a long way from floating on his side a the top o the bowl. You guys helped me save him and get him a better home and he is fantastic now. However I have a new dilemma with the tank so if you would't mind looking at my post in housing called "stumped and frustrated" I would love to fix this and keep him happy. Can't wIt for you guys to see his grown up puffed up self and ps. As you will see in my new post he is not a friendly guy at all and doesn't like to share his new house! Who new, he always seemed so layer back, but once he got his new house he came into his own and grew up. Awww glad he likes it. Thanks for help and hope you can help again. C
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #5 
prodrumernate

im glad he is doing better.i shall check out ur new post...sometimes it is hard to tell if a betta will get along with others.i have a female who hates other fish..i had to seperate her but the rest got along just fine.i now have a new female and a new male.to which im cycling a tank and will add the male in it later and then have another tank i need to cycle once i completed my moving and will add my girl into it. :)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote