Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #31 
WoodenFlashlight

I'd just like to thank everyone for the prompt replies and help. Thank you very, very much. I will keep updating you. We are going to get him a heater and AQ salts tonight but we're going to keep him in the big tank because our hospital tank just feels a little too small to control. Thank you all, again.
WoodenFlashlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #32 
WoodenFlashlight

We got the stuff from the store, but before we did we took Hades out of the tank to prepare him for the hospital tank. The fuzzy stuff is now forming in droplets on his body, and there's more now than before we left. We bought some ICK cure stuff, but we're not sure if it is ICK. We got some other stuff as well, PH rectifier, a heater, salts etc.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #33 
prodrumernate

its good you went out and got things even if your not sure.i did but didnt get all i should have.a mistake on my part though i kept reading about it when doing research on setting up my tank...

is it possible to pot more pictures of his fin?id like to see what you are talking about now that he has changed :(
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #34 
WoodenFlashlight

We've gotten a confirmation from someone else that he has a fungus issue. We went and got him tablet fungus stuff, but they're in giant 10-gallon size tablets. We're splitting them up until they're small enough.

How long should he be kept in the hospital tank? Until he's better?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #35 
prodrumernate

i would keep him in there until he clears up.once he is active and being himself again.i would leave him in there.also id follow the directions for the meds to the "T" i personally would keep him in there until he is more active and back to normal.and most of the fungus has gone away
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #36 
WoodenFlashlight

We have, but Jacque wants to take him out of the water RIGHT NOW because he's acting a little erratic, in her opinion. The medications turned the water blue, too, so she's having a spazz about that too.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #37 
prodrumernate

then it would be a good idea to put in a separate tank if the medication turn the water blue.plus the main tank wont have any left over so not to cause him to get sick.but keeping him in the hospital tank until he heal is what i would do.u can do water changes which i needed anyways and it should clear the water up.until the med are put back in
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #38 
WoodenFlashlight

Sadly, he's died this evening. Looks like we caught whatever he had too late. She went and buried him in our neighbor's weeping cherry tree.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #39 
Sakura8

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :( Poor Hades. He put up a good fight.

For the recordl, I don't really recommend Melafix because there is an ingredient in it that, when overdosed, can severely harm a betta's labyrinth organ, which they rely on to breathe air from the surface with. If you use Melafix again, be very careful with the dosage and err on the side of caution if you aren't sure. It can be a good medication, it just needs to be used with caution is all. The same goes for Bettafix and Pimafix.

Always remember that too much medication can be just as harmful as no medication. It's so hard to diagnose fishy illnesses so there's always a huge possibility that the medication we decide to give them is the wrong kind. When in doubt as to a diagnosis, stick to aquarium salt for external problems and epsom salt for internal ones.

If you have any other questions about your other bettas, don't hesitate to ask. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #40 
prodrumernate

:( oh man im really sorry to hear that.its sad when pets/family die..i actually just got back from fishing and released my yellow bass and gave my friend my channel cat.i cant kill them.when i went camping over the winter and caught a big channel cat.i had to get my dad to kill it.i couldnt do it.so i know how it feel especially since i lost 5 of my girl all in about 2 weeks :(

Tags
emergency, fin damage, novice