Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

I think I'll stick with the New Life Spectrum. Does anyone have anything against that Brand? Did they change the Ingredients, too?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Hm. Now I need to think about the New Life or Omega One. I've heard about the Ingredient Changes. But I didn't know it was this bad. I'll think about it. Thanks Teeney!! :)
YW. just remember you Want meats to be in the first ingredients. The ingredients list is in order from most to least concentrated. Here are the ingredients lists..

Omega one super color floating tropical fish pellets:

Ingredients:
Whole Salmon, Black Cod, Whole Heming, Seafood Mix(Including Krill, Shrimp and Octopus). Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Soy Flour, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-ascorbyl-2-poyphosphate (Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Ethoxyquin, Natural Mixed Tocopherals and Rosemary Extract (A preservative).
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #13 
teeneythebetta

That's weird cos I saw the ingredients list w/ wheat as first ingredient ??

Fish meal IS meat but "meal" means the trimmings. Same with dog & cat food- meat "meal" is stuff that would be thrown away and not deemed good for human consumption. It's the lowest quality type of meat, still better than wheat though.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #14 
lelei

Oh wow..I am switching too..dam I just bought some Hakari, but I am gonna get the Omega One as well..It has to be a floating one tho, that is why I was unsure of the NLS they sink. The one I have BIO Gold is Fishmeal..that is the 1st Ingredient..but then it says "Wheat, soybean..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Oh wow..I am switching too..dam I just bought some Hakari, but I am gonna get the Omega One as well..It has to be a floating one tho, that is why I was unsure of the NLS they sink. The one I have BIO Gold is Fishmeal..that is the 1st Ingredient..but then it says "Wheat, soybean..
Sry the website I was using was wrong on the ingredients label I guess. :P I got my omega one @ petsmart