Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 
copperarabian

Amazing Albino Crowntail(possible dragon)

My coworker told me we got a albino and I had to see him, I then stuck him in the quite room so no one would buy him until I was off lol. He is way to amazing to leave at the mercy of whoever could have bought him.

I'm strongly considering selling him to a breeder because he carries the albino gene. If my genetics are correct albino is a non dominant gene, so if you breed him to a normal betta there is a possibility that some of the offspring will be het for albino. If you breed a het to another het, or a het to a albino you should get albino fish. I'd breed him but I don't have the room or the drive to do so. I'm going to keep him for a week to let him rest up and take some pics, then consider if I should sell him to a breeder or not :)

Here's his pics, they suck but I'll take better tomorrow if he's up to it. He's also a possible dragon, he looks like one to me but white is hard since you don't have a darker color underneath. He just got shipped to the store yesterday, and had a water change today then the drive home with me so he's pretty overwhelmed and not very active at the moment.

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #2 
xShainax

He is beautiful
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

omg, you can sell those for a lot of money o.o

You are so lucky to have got him, too! He is gorgeous!
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #4 
Luimeril

OMG!

-grabby hands-

he's beautiful! ugh! i adore him. ._. does he have any issues seeing at all? i've grown fond of albinos, ever since making my roleplay character, who's an albino.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #5 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
OMG!

-grabby hands-

he's beautiful! ugh! i adore him. ._. does he have any issues seeing at all? i've grown fond of albinos, ever since making my roleplay character, who's an albino.
Hm...An albino RP character. xD Mine are dark and brooding
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #6 
Luimeril

i did alot of research to make my albino as realistic as possible. :U didn't just want him to look cool, wanted him to have all the issues an albino would. like burning easy in the sun, sight issues, ect. :B since then, i've come to truly love albinos, and dream of one day owning an albino betta. they're so rare and hard to find, not at all like other albino fish...
Old 06-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #7 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
OMG!

-grabby hands-

He looks healthy to me(nice size and not underweight, no fin rot and swimming normally) but because I only just got him I really don't know for sure. That's another reason why I'll be keeping him for at least a week, kinda like a QT period to make sure he's a healthy fish :) Do you plan on breeding(if your interested in him), I really want to sell him to someone who is planning on doing a long term breeding project. I could easily keep him myself as a pet but I don't feel it's right lol

That's cool you did all that research into albino's, I had a classmate in high school who was albino but I didn't realize it until he moved XD I found out he wore blue contacts and died his air blond.

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-22-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #8 
Yaoilover12397

Where do you work Coperarabian? He's stunning though.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #9 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoilover12397 View Post
Where do you work Coperarabian? He's stunning though.
I work at petsmart, and I was amazed he showed up there. This shipment of bettas was really nice for petsmart considering most of the halfmoons are super deltas. One had extended rose colored fins and a copper body.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #10 
Luimeril

._. i wish i had the space to breed. i have all the know-how, i just need the stuff. he'd end up being a spoiled rotten pet with me. shoot, i'd set my 3 gallon up for this boy. xD and i hate that tank, but i'd do it. :B

i agree, though, that he should be bred. at least for two generations(to a female, then a female back to him)...

i'm still learning more about albinos! i'm totally crushing on this albino model i found pictures of on Tumblr. pfft. but, now, i can tell an albino from a leucistic animal, and get a bit huffy at all the non-albinos in the albino tag on Tumblr. xD