Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #231 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Chesh, if Sparky became Princess Sparkle, I'm sure she'd get along great with your betta.. Princess Shimmer Blue, was it? :p
DUUUUUUDE, you know that's EXACTLY what I thought the moment I read the word Princess!!? *giggle* My poor little girl is still INSISTENT that poor fish is a she - she gently corrects me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Silly little goose. But Princess Sparkle would probably EAT Princess ShimmerBlue, so . . . yeah, maybe we should stick to pen-pals ;)

Sakura! YES! UPDATE those albums!!! You gonna put Ol' Sparkyboy in the cat album? Just for a giggle? I would ;) Does your camera have a cord? Maybe you could plug it in and leave it. . . that'd be a lot of footage to scan through, lol, but to see him breakdancing it'd totally be worth it. Maybe he just . . . doesn't. Maybe he's the calmest fish, ever. What are the like in the wild? I mean. . . electric catfish. . . he probably IS wild-caught, don't you think? *wonders about the mysterious Sparky*
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #232 
Sakura8

My first betta when I was in 3rd grade was a red veiltail named Princess Rose.

Maybe Sparky waltzes? (insert "Blue Danube" here) He keeps time with his whiskers.

I'm 99% sure he's wild-caught because as far as I know electric catfish don't breed in captivity. They'd need a big tank for that, like a 1000gal or more. Poor guy. Snatched out of his natural habitat just to spend months on end in a cramped tank at a pet store.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #233 
Chesh

But NOW he has YOU! AND PELLETS! And you and pellets are, like, FANTASTICALLY wonderful and happy in every way! I just got my very first batch of wild-caught fish and it really blows my mind to think that they were free swimming in a river just, like, a minute ago! At least Sparky has taken a step UP by coming home with you. I'm mad at that fish shop. . .

If *I* had whiskers, I'd totally keep time with them. And waltz. . . cuz' why wouldn't you?!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #234 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Heheheeh. I remember your first Sparky videos were of him going crazy, I think that's what he's like when you're not around.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #235 
Sakura8

Haha! When I went to feed the tank beneath him, he was laying with his back to the world. Only way I knew he was still alive was every now and then he'd just sort of bob a little. He really wants me to believe he's just a harmless sausage.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #236 
Chesh

BECAUSE HE ISSSSS! A very SWEET harmless ELECTRIC sausage! *hugs Sparky (with rubber boots on)* Do you think he came from a river near you? Obviously, I know nothing about electric catfish - but they're adorable and fascinating. . .and TUBBY!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #237 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Breaking news- electric catfish swarm the rivers of California. Local fish shops taking advantage of this and selling them.
Heh. Aren't they from like Africa?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #238 
Sakura8

I think they are from Africa. If I ever saw one in our waters I'd be surprised right out of my skin. For one thing, Sacramento water is COLD. o.O

I just caught Sparky in the very act of swimming when I went out to the garage to get something. The moment he saw me, he plopped to the ground and pretended he was a log.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #239 
Chesh

LOL! Yes. I just googled it ;) HUZZAH for African fishies! LOL! Sparky log. . . I love him - he's so funny! I wonder how long before he starts begging you for food like the guppies do?!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #240 
Sakura8

He's like, "Nuh uh. I have my pride. Not gonna beg. Oh, pellets!" *snarf*