Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #531 
thekoimaiden

Love the video of you petting him! He doesn't look too happy in there. It's for the best, Sparky.

Am I the only one who has a habit of apologizing to her fish? Like I'm fumbling with the food and apologize for being so slow. Or I accidentally drop something and it startles everyone.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #532 
Sakura8

Nope, I apologize to them too. "Sorry, I overslept and forgot to feed you!"
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #533 
Chesh

Poor Sparky! He's having a rough time. . .but he seems to be adapting well to his . . . ahhh. . . hotel accommodations, lol! I really loved the vids, and it was very cool to get to see him in actual comparison to your hand - even covered in a gigantic rubber glove ;) I had no idea that bubbles could be so dangerous! Good luck to both of you getting through this heatwave - hopefully it'll be the last one before autumn descends. . .
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #534 
Sakura8

Sparky is a little ammonia machine. I purposefully got a huge 27gal rubbermaid so I wouldn't have to change it daily. I know the filter is tiny but I did seed it with bacteria. Nevertheless, in 24 hrs, Sparky managed to spew out .25 worth of ammonia. I had to do an emergency water change during the closing ceremonies. He was laying there gasping. Poor baby. And last night, one of my cats spent all night sitting by him howling (or so my mother told me). o.O Oooo-kay.

Heatwave projected to last well into this week. Shoot me.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #535 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sakura, mind if I put some Sparky shots on my tumblr?

How's the little guy holding up?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #536 
Chesh

You know... I was about to come over and ask the same thing - it feels like AGES since I've had a Sparky update - even though it's only been 3 days, lol.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #537 
Sakura8

Olympia, sure! Post all the Sparky shots you want. When I get a new camera, I'll try to take really nice ones.

Well, it looks like the heat spell finally broke, if you can call the mid-high 90's a break. He was gasping a bit this morning so I went ahead and moved him back into his tank. He's probably a little ticked off at all the moving. I'm sorry, Sparky. Hang on a bit longer and soon your tank will be inside a nice temperature-regulated house! Never having tanks in the garage again.

The cats miss him though. They liked to sit around his tub and stare at him.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #538 
Chesh

Cats + CATFISH =

Wonder how Sparky feels about that. . . do you think he's kind of okay with cats, in general. . . some kind of whisker bond?

Glad to hear the poor little guy is doing well enough and back home, hopefully he gets to stay there this time! Was he as active in his . . . tub. . . as he was in the 10g? Does he seem happy to be back in the garage? Or is he maintaining his trademark indifference?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #539 
Sakura8

He spent the first day jetting around his tub but then he reverted back to lounging. I don't think he would give the place 5 stars though because every time I went to look at him, he'd come out of his tunnel and waggle his whiskers at me as if to say, "There's no Wi-Fi in here and housekeeping is lax."

Sparky must just be following the fine tradition cats in my house have established: if you are a cat, you are fat. Apparently even CATfish are included.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #540 
Pearl2011

.25 in one day?! My fish seem really . . . clean now (dont look at the algae, please!!).
LOL, our last cat was never above 6-7lbs (was at the vet once and was 5lbs) and our cat now (who is 14 years younger) is 12lbs. And I have starve my fish so there not fat.
I love catfish so much. At the Aquarium there are these HUGE catfish. Def bigger then me. So over 5 feet long. THEY ARE AWESOME!!
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote