Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #601 
Sakura8

I coulda sworn he was out of his tunnel but I think just as I reached in he turned around and swam back in. Saw this big hand in there and went, "AAAAGH! Mah foooooood!"

My arm tingled for hours.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #602 
Chesh

Girl? Don't you know ANYTHING??! NEVER - and I mean NEVER - get between a chubby boy and his pellets!!!

HOURS??! Sounds like Ol' Sparkster is amping it up! I gotta say, this is kind of scaring me! Please don't get shocked anymore! *worries*
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #603 
Sakura8

But Sparky, I was thinking about the water quality!
Me: "Oh, I'd better get this out so it doesn't foul up the water!"
Sparky: "Forget that, it's mah foooooood! Just change the water when you regain feeling in that arm."

Yeah, I don't know if he's gotten any longer but he's definitely gotten fatter and it seems to be helping him in the zap department. He spends a lot of time now with his chin resting up on the filter intake tube. Maybe it's some kind of weird exercise he does. o.O

Haha, I probably should've put the gloves on but it's really hard to pick up water-logged pellets with those things on.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #604 
Chesh

Silly Sparky! That isn't what they mean when they say to do chin-ups. . . He's so lazy - he'll NEVER lose that gut that way! At least he's found something better to do with the filter intake tube than knocking it down every 20 seconds!

I can imagine that it would be with no feeling in your fingertips. I hate doing ANYTHING that requires anything like precision with gloves on. That said? WEAR YOUR GLOVES, LADY! Fumbling around with no feeling in your fingertips for a few moments is WAY better than fumbling around with no feeling in your ARM for a few HOURS. Or death. Death by electrocat is NOT OKAY!

Any snail casualties yet? Maybe he's grumpy about the snail farm and taking it out on you. Well, because it's your fault!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #605 
Sakura8

:D It just occurred to me maybe he was saving the pellet for the snails to eat. No live plants in there means their only food is from the cucumber I put in and whatever is left over. Was Sparky being . . . thoughtful?!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #606 
Chesh

Perhaps. He is not our leader ONLY because he has adorable piggy eyes and a pot belly, you know. There ARE other reasons. Maybe his kindness and concern for those smaller and weaker is one of them!? . . . um. . .unless you're that obnoxious fish that got zapped that one time. . .
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #607 
Sakura8

Yeah well, I suspect that obnoxious fish tried to headbutt him. Technically, that could be called an assassination attempt on our great leader so no wonder it ended up twitching on the sand.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #608 
Chesh

Hahaha! You GOTTA watch the little ones *nods* They're the ones that do ya in every time. Good for ol' Sparkster. He never lets his guard down. . .
Old 09-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #609 
Sakura8

Yup, not bad for a guy with no bodyguards. :)
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #610 
Chesh

Ahhh, but I thought you said he hired an elite force of samurai snails to watch his back? Paid in pellets, neh? Sparky shall be safe from the evil treachery of villainous head-butting tiny assassin fishies without ever having to dirty his whiskers!