Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #641 
Sakura8

Sparky's Follies. So much more entertaining than Ziegfield. :D Next year, they plan on staging 42nd Street.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #642 
Sakura8

Gotta admit the Halloween devil in me wanted to put Sparky's tank in the entryway and dare trick or treaters to bob for apples. o.O What can I say, I was sleep deprived yesterday.

For some reason, last night he forgot to eat his pellets and the snails got to them. Ever since, he's been all over the tank looking for food. I feel bad, I can't wait until I can get him a wider tank so he can turn around a little easier. Wish I could measure him. Guess it's time to get the rubber gloves on and grab the measuring tape.

Anyway, here is a rare sighting of the great Swimming Sausage strutting his stuff. He's best friends with the Great Pumpkin, by the way. (new camera, mic isn't so good so you can't hear my silly voice)

SausageontheMove.mp4 video by SakuraNeko8 - Photobucket
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #643 
Chesh

WAIT!? He didn't eat his PELLETS?!! OMG! Is he SICK? Or... oh. He must have had too much Halloween candy. *nods* Love the title 'Sausage on the Move' So silly, and so TRUE!!! Rather than actually try to MEASURE him, do you think you could wait until he gets close to the glass and mark where his ends stop with a marker on the outside of the glass - then measure THAT? Something about trying to hold an electric sausage whilst fumbling with a measure. . . just doesn't seem like it would be a very wise or easy thing to do!!! I would like to know how big he is - tip to tip and top to bottom ;) Maybe we could get a circumference on that TUMMY!!!!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #644 
Sakura8

*frets* He didn't eat them again last night. All he does is circle around the tank, even during the day. *frets some more* Gonna thaw some krill and try that tonight. Can't be the water, he had a change on Wednesday.

All I know about his circumference is he's almost too big for his PVC pipe now. Luckily the local reptile shop has a tunnel just like his but bigger so if he outgrows THAT, I know where to get another one.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #645 
Chesh

OH NO!!! SPARKSTER!!! Whassamatter!? I remember him being very active in the small tank during the heatwave - maybe he just decided that his tank is too small? Sparky not eating is really worrying!!! You DID take the Halloween candy away, right??!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #646 
Sakura8

Oh yes, Sparky got to eat one KitKat bar and the rest was confiscated for yours truly. Maybe he's mad; he thought his costume was very authentic and deserved more attention (how many kids do YOU see dressed as sausages?).

One eye looks slightly cloudy, although it's a little hard to tell since they always have kind of a glazed-over look. If that is the case, I need to research treating scaleless fish and then plop him into his tub for treatment. Most likely bacterial in nature. I blame the snails. It can't be water quality. Once a week, 50% and the dude has 3 filters on his 55gal, including one rated for a 100gal. He can't be THAT messy . . . can he?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #647 
Chesh

Oh man, poor Sparky! I'm glad you pay close attention to him, I hope you get him fixed up right away *cries* NAUGHTY shiny pink snails, making my friend sick. . . I was going to suggest that perhaps he wants more of those wormies - but it looks like he's sick. I imagine it IS difficult to see if there is cloudiness in those tiny beady eyes of his. . . Poor Sparks. :( Get well soon, Sparky!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #648 
Sakura8

I just don't know what's up with the Sparkster.

Sparky Gone Loopy! video by SakuraNeko8 - Photobucket
Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #649 
Sakura8

After a closer inspection under lights, Sparky's eye is cloudy and has a spot of blood in it. Unfortunately A) I have no experience medicating scaleless fish and B) I don't have the medication I would have chosen on hand and no way to get it until Wednesday. :( I just hope the bacterial infection is only topical and not internal and that's why he's off his feed. I fed him a few minutes ago and he swam right over the pellets. Will have to fish them out later.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #650 
Chesh

Sparky!!! Don't be sick. . . I'm so SAD for him, Sakura!
I hope he'll be okay.. . I'd be doing TONS of water changes until you can get the meds in on Wednesday, in my limited experience - it'll help. Even if the water tests perfection, fresh pristine water can do wonders in helping a sick fish heal themselves. . . I always thought I'd WANT to see Sparky's more active side, but now that it's here. . . I want it to go away!!! *hugs* Get well soon, Sparkz! We're all rooting for you! Wonder what could have happened?