Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #711 
Sakura8

I asked my dad to pick up 10 assassin snails since he and my mom were going to be in the area of the LFS today. He comes home with the required amount but says "Did you know they're $3 a piece?"

T_T I just spent more on snails than I did on Sparky himself.

So I removed the remaining pink pearl ramshorns, all the big ones I could find, and Tiki's trapdoor snai,l and released the assassins. I really hope they take care of all those pond snails. I've hired some very expensive little snaily hitmen.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #712 
Chesh

Oh wow!!! O.o little hitmen, that's hilarious. I hope they take care of the pond snails AND Sparky doesn't kill 'em!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #713 
Sakura8

Well, the little snaily hitmen have done a great job taking out the pond snails. So much so that I think I may have to toss in some of the excess ramshorns to keep them fed.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #714 
Chesh

Well. . . you paid their price, they'd BETTER have done a good job! What's the use in expensive ineffective hitmen?! I assume Sparky's zinging hasn't slowed them down? I was a bit worried that he'd zap them. How IS the ol' Sparkinator, anyway? I miss him!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #715 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You paid so much for those ramshorns, didn't you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #716 
Sakura8

$20 for the original batch, now $30 to get rid of them. -__- Not to mention the one assassin snail that the rat ate out of the container in the bathroom . . . Sparky, please learn to like escargot, it would make my life a lot cheaper.

The Sparkster is doing fabulous! The temp has warmed up considerably so his tank is now a stable 78 F. He doesn't seem to be minding the snails or the assassins that are crawling around. I can't wait until I can upgrade him to a bigger tank. Poor Sparkster is getting too big for his tank and has a hard time turning around because his tunnel and his tree stump are in the way! Hopefully soon but I dunno. It's taking forever for the city to approve the house plans and without the approval, we can't start building the house. But when it's built, he gets a special big tank.

I wonder if a 200gal or bigger tank is big enough for Sparky to peacefully coexist with some top or midwater swimmers? I do kind of hate the idea of one fish in a 200gal tank.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #717 
Chesh

Oh my. . . you are, like, overpriced snail girl!

I hear ya about one fish in a giant tank. It kind of seems like a 'waste,' lol. And I LOVE Sparky, don't get me wrong - but he isn't *exactly* the most beautiful fish ever, nor is he especially active. I'd feel the same way about trying a tankmate. Not so sure that'll work out so well, but hopefully everything will come together soonish and we can find out :)
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #718 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

(sorry I can't get that, on my iPod).

I have the answer to your prayers, lady!
What better solution to your Sparky problem than more CATFISH!
Just google "synodontis immune to electricty." Seems like every species is unaffected by electo cats, according to people's experiences!
I'm not sure how fun it will be to fill a 200 gallon with Synos, but you should try!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #719 
Chesh

sounds like a TON of fun to ME!!! Catfish. . . and snails! ;)
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #720 
Sakura8

Oh my. Yes, last night I was praying "Oh Lord, please send me synodontis. And Hugh Jackman."

Hmmm. I might try at least one syno Kind of wanted to see if angel fish would work, or a school of congo tetras up above. Hmmm. Oh Sparky, you antisocial sausage you.