If I move before I happen to get another betta (the betta I REALLY want) it won't really matter. But I really want another betta and I was thinking if my water parameters test well today I might bring home a new boy or girl depending on who calls to me and/or looks and acts the healthiest. I am going to Petsmart, and yes I know it's not the most ideal or best place, I'm just saying if I see one that I really like after I am done dealing with the employees I might bring him or her home with me.
What I am really wondering is if they will eventually as a potentiality be able to live in a divide tank for a small amount of time with another betta and be alright for that small amount of time until I finally get a new place. Once I get a new place I want to either start a sorority or just get a bigger tank to have as a community with the other betta being on his own in the 5 gal with probably a couple ghosties.
I intend to keep the new betta I (probably) get today in my .7 gal hosp tank for a week to kinda quarintine and to make sure if this other oto is going to make it or not so that the ammonia spike won't kill the new betta.
Does this sound like an acceptable course of action? I've learned so much from this site and see a lot of errors in how I handled my last betta although I know for a fact that he had a relatively good and fulfilling life especially near the end. He did make several bubble nests, almost constantly when he was just chilling in the .7 gal before I knew it was bad for him, so I know he was at least happy then. He really did love to leave me bubble nests :) It was so cute.
Also, I have betta pellets, is there a betta/second kind of food I should get that's not too exensive for right now that I could like alternate or just give to him or her? And I AM going to take lots of pictures of this new one.
The second one I will be getting from one of two breeders from this site I am just waiting for them to be bred and/or ready. :) But again that won't be for at least about a month.