Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #11 
Kenny G

@ LebronTheBetta:

Shrimp meal, white fish meal, brewers' dried yeast, wheat flour, soybean meal, wheat-germ meal, carotene, protease, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin A supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), vitamin B12 supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, choline chloride, d-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), inositol, para-aminobenzoic acid, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, salt, ferrous chloride, copper sulfate, cobalt sulfate, aluminum sulfate, magnesium sulfate.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

I feed omega one floating tropical fish pellets. They are high quality and have the best ingredients label I've seen yet.

Ingredients:
Whole Salmon, Black Cod, Whole Heming, Seafood Mix(Including Krill, Shrimp and Octopus). Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Soy Flour, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-ascorbyl-2-poyphosphate (Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Ethoxyquin, Natural Mixed Tocopherals and Rosemary Extract (A preservative).
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #13 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagWired View Post
Fish meal, wheat flour, soybean meal, rice bran, gluten meal, starch, krill meal, wheat germ meal, brewers dried yeast, DHA oil, spirulina, dried seaweed meal, DL-methionine, garlic, astaxanthin, grape seed extract, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), inositol, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, vitamin A oil, thiamine mononitrate, pyroxine hydrochloride, niacin, menadione sodium bisulfate complex (source of vitamin K), folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, disodium phosphate, ferrous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, cobalt sulfate, calcium iodate, red 3 (artificial color).

I'm guessing that's the new product... On the flipside, it's the only thing he's not gotten digestive issues from. As far as I've experienced, Fizz is a bit special, diet-wise.
Nope, you've got the old blend. The new version has wheat flour as the first ingredient and MSG (monosodium glutamate, the allergy-causing stuff in cheap Chinese take-away food) listed right after the garlic.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #14 
MSG

Ever heard of this brand of food before?

I'm using Ultracolor Community Fish Food.

I have the 5oz container. The ingreddients are top notch and no wheat gluten. They had a betta specific food, but only about 5 people bought it, so it was discontinued.

I forget who mentioned it in this forum, but wheat gluten is not a good ingredient, but I think all the fish food has gluten in it, except for this Ultracolor brand stuff.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll be adding this my bettas dinner menu a couple times a week.

Here's the ingredient list.

Quality Ingredients Make The Difference
Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min) 56%, Crude Fat/Oil (min) 8.5%, Crude Fiber (max) 3%, Moisture (max) 10%

Ingredients:
Herring Meal, Kelp Meal, Squid Meal, Spiruliana, Garlic, Chlorella Algae, Yeast, Yeast Extract, Paprika Oleoresin, DL Methionine, Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, Choline Chloride, Isoleucine, Marigold Extract, Betaine Anhydrous, LAscorbyl- 2-Polyphosphate (Source of Stabilized Vitamin C), Rosemary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols, Astaxanthin, Beta Carotene, Canthaxanthin, Inositol, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin), Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K3), Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Selenium Yeast, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Bacillus Licheniformis, Bacillus Pumilus, Bacillus Coagulans, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #15 
misty1477

Never heard of it. Let's see what other Betta-Lovers think
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #16 
LebronTheBetta

Well, Bettas need food specifically for them. If your food has wheat gluten, I don't suggest it. It's a cheap filler to boost protein from wheat extract.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #17 
lelei

I use the Hakari, micro pellets, have been since I got Sammy, and they float, and I love that reason, the NLS sink, and Omega one are good, and I think they float, so It depends on that..Yes the ingredients are better, in NLS..but unless your fish is a chaser, you will be doing a lot of cleanup, and then you don't know if the food that does sink is beeing eaten later, and that is overfeeding..Sammy and Sapphire both Love the Hakari Gold, micro pellets, they are very tiny..and easy to feed:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #18 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I feed mine NLS betta and Attison's Betta Pro for pellets.
Where do you find the "Attison's" ? I never heard of those ones!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #19 
marktrc

My omega one betta buffet pellets say floating but don't float. :(
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #20 
MSG

Here's a link to that Ultracolor Community Fish food. http://www.prettybird.com/fish.htm
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote