Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #31 
kx20

I feed my little guy Aquoen betta pellets. It comes in an easy to open bottle, it helps to brighten their colors, it gives them vital nutrients, it supports their immune system, they're the perfect size for a bettas mouths and its all natural!! Phil loves them but make sure u soak them in water for a few minutes so they're easier to chew.
kx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #32 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx20 View Post
I feed my little guy Aquoen betta pellets. It comes in an easy to open bottle, it helps to brighten their colors, it gives them vital nutrients, it supports their immune system, they're the perfect size for a bettas mouths and its all natural!! Phil loves them but make sure u soak them in water for a few minutes so they're easier to chew.
No offense, but aqueous isn't that great of a food. Whole fish meal (lower quality parts of fish) is 1 st ingredient, then comes to wheat, and fillers. That being said, it's definitely not the WORST food available.
I wouldn't reccomend soaking the pellets, soaking them removes some of the nutrients.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #33 
BettaBuddy123

For curiosity's sake, what is so bad about the wheat filler in the Hikari? I've been feeding it and haven't noticed any issues, but if there is a problem with it, I'd be more than willing to switch. Can the wheat filler hurt your Betta? Is there something better to look for?
BettaBuddy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #34 
MsGita

I feed New Life Spectrum for Bettas.
They float for a minute or two but I hand feed one pellet at a time so I know no food left uneaten.
MsGita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #35 
kx20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
No offense, but aqueous isn't that great of a food. Whole fish meal (lower quality parts of fish) is 1 st ingredient, then comes to wheat, and fillers. That being said, it's definitely not the WORST food available.
I wouldn't reccomend soaking the pellets, soaking them removes some of the nutrients.
K thx for telling me lol:) i don' t soak my pellets because its more convenient for me lol ive just heard from people tht it just makes it easier for them to chew it because my betta chews it then spits some out and eats it again XD lol its gross. He likes aquoen though lol so i don't think im gonna switch but i'll tell other people
kx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #36 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBuddy123 View Post
For curiosity's sake, what is so bad about the wheat filler in the Hikari? I've been feeding it and haven't noticed any issues, but if there is a problem with it, I'd be more than willing to switch. Can the wheat filler hurt your Betta? Is there something better to look for?
It's a cheap filler from wheat. It's a bad source to get protein. New Life doesn't have it. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #37 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx20 View Post
K thx for telling me lol:) i don' t soak my pellets because its more convenient for me lol ive just heard from people tht it just makes it easier for them to chew it because my betta chews it then spits some out and eats it again XD lol its gross. He likes aquoen though lol so i don't think im gonna switch but i'll tell other people
Haha np :)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #38 
craiger75

Personally, Hikari has kicked major azz for me. They're small enough for mine and he loves them. Only drawback is they do have a strong fish odor.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #39 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger75 View Post
Personally, Hikari has kicked major azz for me. They're small enough for mine and he loves them. Only drawback is they do have a strong fish odor.
Haha speaking of smelly... How about NLS pellets? HOLY CARP. I want to puke every time I open them... Goes to show they're high protein
Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #40 
craiger75

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Haha speaking of smelly... How about NLS pellets? HOLY CARP. I want to puke every time I open them... Goes to show they're high protein
HA! Yeah, I didn't notice it at first and when I did I thought it was coming from the tank ... I was like "now wtf?!"

Last edited by craiger75; 07-24-2012 at 01:19 AM.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote