Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #51 
LebronTheBetta

It smells like fish food, that's for sure... Lebron eats it and he will gladly jump for it. O.O
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #52 
teeneythebetta

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
But is it enticing to the fish..we may not like it, but they do, If the ingredients are quality..it's aroma would definately be stronger...I would beleive Does it smell like fish?
You have a good point. Yes it's a very strong, like "I just walked into a fish market" smell. Very strong xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #53 
choob99

Ok well glad I read this thread, I have been using Hikari for years now, it was always the best, i had NO IDEA they changed the ingredients!! And IBC is sold out of Atison's betta Pro, so is it true that this is discontinued?
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #54 
TigerRegalia

My Tommy has been doing much better ever since I switched him from cheap-o Tetra Betta pellets to Omega One Betta Buffet pellets. His fins are growing back and looking very healthy (they were previously damaged from tail biting), his colors are more vibrant, HE is more vibrant and lively, and he hasn't been constipated! Hence, I highly recommend Omega One Betta Buffet pellets!!
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #55 
emaleeluna

Ok, I have a comment, a complaint and a question. hahaha I ordered Hikari Betta Bio-Gold online and ended up paying $11.95 for them after shipping. I've only had my boy, Handsome Bob for about 6 weeks and this was the first pellet he'd ever actually eaten. The first kind I bought him was huge and the poor man couldn't even get it in his mouth. Anyway, sorry, he loved, loved, LOVED these pellets, however, my huge 116 lb 4 legged boy, Murphy the Walker Hound decided that he was hungry the other night. Somehow, he opened the cap, I had transferred them into another fish food container with a child proof cap, apparently not dog proofed, and he had himself a little snack. So, I didn't want to buy them online again for $12 and Bob needed food, so I ran down to Walmart, they didn't have those but had BettaMin Micro pellets so I bought those. First of all, nothing micro about them and now he just will not eat. I tried bloodworms, which was all I could get him to eat in the first place, after the initial BettaMin flakes, he won't even go near them now. I tried brine shrimp, he scoffs at me. So, what do I do? I guess I pay $12 to have the Hikari Betta Bio-Gold shipped out here to the middle of now where! Any ideas? And my comment to Misty is if you can get the Hikari Betta Bio-Gold, definitely get those, if not, then I would definitely switch to a pellet of some type. His tank is gorgeous when he eats pellets, after flakes or brine shrimp, not so much. Good Luck. I hope you wake up to tons of bubblenests every morning like I do. :)
emaleeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #56 
LebronTheBetta

The Bio-Gold changed their pellets and now it's really low quality... It's filled with cheap fillers and wheat gluten. New Life Spectrum doesn't have much cheap fillies, and actually doesn't have wheat gluten. I got my NLS for like $10 including shipping. It has high-quality ingredients, but it's semi-floating and smells like crap! Not really, but you get the point. My NLS floats for some epic reason, and me and my Betta are some satisfied customers! ;)
Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #57 
emaleeluna

@LeBron:
Thanks for letting everyone know about the ingredient change. I'll try NLS and see if his little picky butt will eat those.
emaleeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #58 
LebronTheBetta

Your welcome. Hope he eats the NLS. You don't want to waste money!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #59 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by choob99 View Post
Ok well glad I read this thread, I have been using Hikari for years now, it was always the best, i had NO IDEA they changed the ingredients!! And IBC is sold out of Atison's betta Pro, so is it true that this is discontinued?
IBC is the only place Stateside that you can find Atison's Pro, so if they're out of stock, that may be the end of it. It's still in distribution for the EU, though, so if you know someone in the UK or Europe, they can post it to you. There's also a few eBay sellers stocking it in the UK who ship internationally.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #60 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Well, Bettas need food specifically for them. If your food has wheat gluten, I don't suggest it. It's a cheap filler to boost protein from wheat extract.
I agree- I don't know as much about fish but I know that for human or dog or cat food, these ingredients are crap and not good for anyone:

Soy anything (genetically modified Monsanto crap, government subsidized junk and bad for hormones of people, I'm sure fish don't eat GMO soy in their normal environments either)

Wheat Gluten

Flour

I am no fish expert but when I see these 3 ingredients (oh, and Corn anything also) I don't buy it. Those 4 things are junk and not nutritious.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote