Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #1 
TuckerLove

Terra Cotta pots?

I bought 7 terra cotta pots 2 days ago. I finally got some aquarium silicone glue to cover the holes today. Do I just put glue in the hole and wait 24 hours or what. I hear some people boil the pots then put them in fish tanks. I got the cheap 69 cent ones at Michaels. Also, do I just rinse the plastic mesh when I make my DIY betta hammocks?
TuckerLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

The aquarium silicone has directions with it. Follow those. But for applying it, you basically do just try to get as much as possible to cover the hole.

Rinsing the craft mesh is also a good idea. Really, rinse anything before it goes into your fish tank.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #3 
TuckerLove

Oh fail, I guess the real question was should I rinse/boil the pots before I put the glue on, or just put the glue on and then rinse the pots off. I didnt see on the directions where it said to clean the item first :)
Old 06-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #4 
thekoimaiden

I would certainly rinse the area where the silicone is to be attached very well. Get a never used toothbrush and scrub it down to make sure there is not dirt in there. I've never heard of the need to boil the pots.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #5 
TuckerLove

Great! Thanks again :) Just finished making my 8 Betta hammocks now on to these pots :) Im very productive today...I should clean my room as well..not :)