Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #11 
Purple

How does he get along? Does he just kind of learn what you have in the tank or does he run into the walls and decorations?

He is SO beautiful, though!
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #12 
kfryman

He looks so perfect with your picture taking skills! It's almost like its in person. Hope he gets adjusted and is at home with you.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #13 
Ramble

He really is a handsome fish! Glad you decided to get him. He wouldn't have lasted long in a betta bowl somewhere...
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sure he's learning to find his food. I have one who can't see very well and he finds his food just fine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #15 
copperarabian

He's in my QT container right now as, I don;t have all the decorations for his tank yet and once he's in it I don't want to be moving things around and confusing him.

I don't generally like round containers because a fish can feel lost in them, but because of his complete lack of sight he kept on running into the walls and it was so sad. I put him in a round container and rather then hitting the walls he's able to smoothly swim in a circle. It takes him a while to eat, he tends to swim around until he bumps into it at the surface, when the pellets fall to the bottom they eventually disappear so I know he's eating.

Although I don't like them, I think I'll make the majority of plants in his aquarium silk rather than live. That way there will be less change for him to deal with. He should do fine though, he has his little sensor organs. I wonder if he can see lightness or darkness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
He looks so perfect with your picture taking skills! It's almost like its in person. Hope he gets adjusted and is at home with you.
Thank you so much! In my photos I always try to take them at the fish's perspective rather then a humans. It's also a lot of fun to see a photo and feel like you are looking into somethings soul, at some point once I've taken a large amount of high quality betta photos I want to create a photography art book that has betta care included.

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-27-2012 at 03:14 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #16 
Twilight Storm

Popped in to see his new pictures. :D And you have a wonderful goal copperarabian :) You are good at photography.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #17 
FrostSinth

Does he have a name? He's so handsome. And blindness is not a death sentence thank god.

If he doesn't have a name, can I suggest Narcissus? Thats the name of the greek youth who fell in love with his own reflection. Tiresias was a blind greek prophet, Orion was blinded for a time, Oedipus blinds himself, Phormion was a fisherman who lost his sight to disease, Phineus chooses blindness over sight for a life of longevity and prophecy, Daphnis is a blind lyre player/singer.....

just a few suggestions lol
FrostSinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #18 
Luimeril

with my partly blind HMPK, i found that using a rich-smelling food, like New Life Spectrum Grow, a feeding ring, and a bare-bottom tank helped him eat his fill. feeding him in the same spot every time, and using audible cues(the lid scraping off, for example), helped, too. :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #19 
Bethydan

I'm wondering if multiple blind males could be safely housed together. Or if there are other cues they could rely on to identify other males besides sight.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's a very interesting question.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote