Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #1 
marktrc

zoo meds floating log any good?

hi,
i see a bunch of people have that zoo med floating log in their tank. is it really good? do most bettas go in there to sleep? do they hang out there in the day? is it held in place by a suction cup so you can place it at any depth?

im thinking about getting it.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #2 
Ginzuishou

I highly recommend the Betta Log. My tetras and Betta love it and hang out in it a lot. They enjoy swimming in and out of it and resting in it. Sometimes the Betta will hang out in it for hours.

The paint peeled off a little but this only happened when rubbing the log to clean it. There is no suction cup, it will float. When I place it in my tank and close the lid, the log is held in place by the lid. If the water level is low, the log will float around the tank and spin, depending on the current. This never bothers the fish though and they chase after it.

Buy now for happiness. ;)

Last edited by Ginzuishou; 06-26-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktrc View Post
hi,
i see a bunch of people have that zoo med floating log in their tank. is it really good? do most bettas go in there to sleep? do they hang out there in the day? is it held in place by a suction cup so you can place it at any depth?

im thinking about getting it.
I like it. I find my bettas in there all the time. Some of them go there in the day time. No suction cup :/ they make a log that stays at the bottom tho lol.

Make sure you give it a nice wash & scrub in warm water and let it sit in a bucket of water for a day. It peels paint when you first get it. I thought washing it was enough but i put it in my tank and found pair chips in my gravel while siphoning. After letting it soak for a day, it doesn't peel any more.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #4 
JBosley

Best thing I have ever bought

I scrubbed mine like crazy! I find the paint flakes when I scrub it, but I have never found any in my tank My 1 Betta absolutely LOVES it! He is always in it, sleeping, sitting there, swimming in and out of it. It's awesome!

Definitely worth the money
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #5 
Shadyr

I just put one in for Chicory last night. It took him all of 30 seconds to commence inspecting it from the inside
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #6 
marktrc

thanks for your replies. i guess ill get one from amazon. mall pet store wants $17 for betta log. amazon is only $9. my betta better love it... haha
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #7 
Ginzuishou

$17.00, wow, rip-off.

It's 9.99 at PetSmart if you don't want to wait for shipping. ;)
Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I have one and Perseus loves it, he swims though it and explores it all the time never seen him sleeping it unless he does at night after lights out. It does indeed float and mine stays in place just under where the filtered water flows back in the tank. The only thing is when I do water changes and I dont get the water level perfect like it was before it will float over to the side of the tank and Perseus doesnt like that cause he cant swim around it but he will try till of course I pour in a bit more water so it will stay in place away from the side of the tank just like he wants it...lol
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #9 
tpocicat

I have two and plan on getting more as I can afford them. My bettas love them, a great product. Mine never flaked paint.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote