Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #1 
DragonFish

My Friday The 13th Betta~

...Because when I have the cash and the space, its to be expected that I'm going to walk out of the pet store with a new finned friend, especially if I'm sent in alone....xD
Its been a long time since I had a PK, and I certainly missed them. I've been really wanting to pick up a couple ever since the 'Dragon Scales' came out at Petsmart. It was between this guy and a lavendery DT...who I wish I snagged as well, and very well might if hes there when I go back xD.....but I picked up this guy because he was tiny and adorable and I kept going back to him.

Hes certainly an....interesting little thing color-wise xD I thought he was more of a red dragon and the green shine was because of that darned blue water....however, he seems to have quite an interesting, almost teal iridescence in person, though it shows up as a green/almost yellow with the flash with those red, almost marble-looking spots.

The name I had originally had for him doesn't quite seem to fit now.....xDD Lol, so....name suggestions? I tend to stick with a 'characters' theme, so something from anime/manga/comics/cartoons/TV shows/Movies/Books would be preferred.
ANYWAY, pictures. Hes a little difficult to get pics of because of that strange iridescence hes got going on...but heres a few decent shots I manage to get xD Enjoy~

DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

Undertaker >:D
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #3 
DragonFish

LOL, that would certainly go with my Kuro boys, and I totally considered it xD But I dunno....I imagine Undertaker-fish being something a little darker perhaps?

By the way...I didn't mention this, but hes tiny. Like, TINYTINY xD There were FEMALES about the same size/bigger then him in the store, and in comparison to Dice, his current tank mate, who is your standard-size adult Betta, he looks like a baby almost xD I need to see if I can get side-by-side pictures of them....

Last edited by DragonFish; 07-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #4 
MSG

Nice job on the photos. He looks angry. I saw a halfmoon with very similar color scheme a few hours ago. Do you know if halfmoons can be considered dragonscales as well?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #5 
TheCrabbyTabby

Call him Jason. As in the machete wielding villain from the Friday the 13th movies.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #6 
lillyandquigly

call him friday(you got him on friday the thirteenth, correct)
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He sure is a handsome guy ! I would go with Jason !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Thank you all! xD
Lol, I like the suggestion of Jason....but I'm not a Horror movie fan, so hearing the name I automatically think of Jason Todd-Robin/Red Hood from DC comics. xDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Nice job on the photos. He looks angry. I saw a halfmoon with very similar color scheme a few hours ago. Do you know if halfmoons can be considered dragonscales as well?
Thank you xD Lol, Dragons do tend to look a little angry in my experience.
'Dragon scaling' is a coloring, not a specific type of betta, it can appear on any tail type. So yes, HMs could indeed be considered dragons ;)
Old 07-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #9 
mkayum

Jason or Friday. XD Look adorable!

Maybe Jason because your fish has a white mask.. that's the same thing Jason would wear the white mask to cover his deformed face... O.O
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #10 
DragonFish

xD Lol Maybe if I was more of a horror movie person I'd be more keen on Jason....buuuuut I didn't even know anything about the movies until the name was suggested and I googled things, so I don't think I'll go with that...

Friday is a little too....normal and plain for me xD I know, I'm a picky person when I comes to names....^-^;;

Because he was so tiny, I hadn't considered naming him after the character that 'went with' Dice(the character is MUCH taller and buffer then Dice), but looking at the pictures from the comic again, the colors match better then I originally thought....
The character: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7219/6...269b7c61_b.jpg