Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Ghost Shrimp

So I was going to turn one of my empty 1 gallon tanks into a planted shrimp tank. Now I want to know the whole run down on ghost shrimp cherry shrimp etc because I hope to keep a small colony so that I (excuse me if you hate the idea) can keep them for live food. My bettas all LOVE hunting for them and even though it seems cruel I have no problem keeping the ghost/cherry shrimp so that I can use them for food.

I have plants , do I need substrate? or should I just leave it bare?

Food? heater? let me know! Thanks!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #2 
Anitax3x

Well I did some pinching from one of my npt's and I put someghost shrimp in my 1 gal tank without substrate at the moment. Here is current setup. I did some reading so Ihave extra bbs and fish flakes to feed them. Let me know what you think?
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

They like Warm Temperatures. Eat Non-Eaten Foods from Fish. Substrate makes them Hard to see and I think they would to search harder for Food. Remember, if Fish eat them, it will get Messy. Trust me. I've had Ghosties before.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #4 
Anitax3x

Oh I've fed my bettas ghost shrimp too before I just wanted to start my own colony in their own tank so that I don't have to constantly go buy shrimp. I was reading and It seemed like they would be fairly easy to care for.

I live in south florida and they are in a room that stays around 80 year round. Yeah its hot as crap down here LOL!