Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #21 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I only came here because I thought this would be about adorable American bulldogs.

Also, AKC is not everything yo. What about CKC? UKC? :p
I love watching all the new breeds that get added each year. Hoping to see the day we get sloughi, chart polski, and galgo espanol. And I'm hopeful because they are adding rare breeds now. (not suggesting that these "bullies" will become a real breed, just rambling lol).
Just realized that list totally gives away my favourite dog group. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #22 
Mo

Hey shainax. I think you need to go to school and learn about respect. Respect others who own this breed. I personally have no opinion on them as I've never even met one in opinion... And also, how would you feel if all of us said that Romeo, TDP, alice cooper, etc. or all of your bettas were completely stupid ugly or anything else that caused offense or was rude.....

Is anybody else disgusted by this fish??? Yeah shainax... How does it feel now

Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #23 
Curlyfatbottom

Akc hold a higher stander
Some many odd years or breeding
Your dog get DNA tested
But with Ukc
Never heard them doing a DNA test unless the other party ask them to
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #24 
MyRainbowBettaFish

I can't be disgusted with any animal, especially horses and dogs. I mean, who dosent like that cute little pudgy face? Heck, i would take in one of those with 1 eye, 3 legs or no tail anyday! i would do that with any animal because i feel sorry for them- they can't speak up for themselves like we can :(
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #25 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
Are you kidding? Their pudgy faces are adorable! I can never be disgusted by any animal to be honest.
I totall agree!

I would take any animal(i am a sucker for dogs and horses though) with 1 eye, 3 legs, or no tail anyday!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #26 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I'm slightly weary of argumentative dog breed threads in general.

Why do people get so rude (or, conversely, butthurt) during these discussions. I would never dream of making a post "Oh hey, I hate goldfish, they look like orange water balloons with fins" - because I know and respect that there's goldfish keepers here. (not that I think this, but if I did, I would not express it in such a way).

And threads asking opinions "Oh what do you think of X breed" and then abusing the people who respond with the asked-for opinion, if it's one they don't happen to agree with.

It's just getting pretty stupid, and a bit like arguing religion or politics - there's never any 'winners'.

I think I'll be ignoring these threads from now on.
i agree, and is it wrong i at "orange water balloons with fins!!!"" OMG I CANT STOP LAUGING!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #27 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasha66 View Post
let's not go judging books (or dogs) by their covers
it dosen't matter what a human or animal looks like, at risk of sounding cliché, it's what's inside that counts
agree!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #28 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Hey shainax. I think you need to go to school and learn about respect. Respect others who own this breed. I personally have no opinion on them as I've never even met one in opinion... And also, how would you feel if all of us said that Romeo, TDP, alice cooper, etc. or all of your bettas were completely stupid ugly or anything else that caused offense or was rude.....

Is anybody else disgusted by this fish??? Yeah shainax... How does it feel now

Mo, i don't think we have to be mean about it, i know what Shainax said is rude and not mature, but that dosent mean we have to sink to Shainax's level and be just as rude and immature. If arguing bothers you, just don't post on this thread. I know it is rude, i even took offense to it.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #29 
starrlamia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Actually, the term "Pit Bull" is a catch all term for any breed with that kind of physique. The only dog of that build that is shown is the staffordshire bull terrier.

Think of the staffy as being a pure breed pit bull/american bulldog.
actually, there is the American Pit Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire terrier, both of which are pure breeds and are shown in various circuits, the AST is registered with the AKC and the APBT is registered with UKC or ABDA. The Staffordshire bull terrier is part of the umbrella term of pit bull but is not the only breed of that build, and the build of SBTs varies greatly depending on the breeder.

BTW the CKC (continental kennel club) is not a reputable registry, unless you were talking about the Canadian Kennel club, which is.

ETA SBT are nothing like American Bulldogs. Completely different build and about 1/4 of the size.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #30 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes, as a Canadian, I mean Canadian Kennel Club. I don't even know what the other thing is.

I've always thought these dogs were funny looking. Just the way they are groomed for the show.

Or these guys, gotta love that lamb look and those little ear pom poms. :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote