Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #1 
LizzyP

Snails

I want more betta fish, end of story. However, my boyfriend says no. So instead of breeding bettas like I would LOVE to do, I decided to get a snail. I haven't bought one yet, and don't plan on telling Boyfriend I got one until he comes home and sees it, if he ever sees it, but I digress.

I know there are a few options for snails @ Petsmart, is there any kind of snail that would suit a male VT betta better than others? I'm getting live plants (same time as snail, I'm so sneaky.) so will I need algae tablets or something to feed the snail? I would keep Snail in quarantine for a week or so, just so he doesn't spread anything to my betta, or is that even necessary? And will my betta eat the snail? How could I introduce them without harming Snail & Betta? So many questions, sorry!

LizzyP
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #2 
3l1zabeth

Snails to put in your tank

How many gallons is your current tank? A mystery snail would be perfect to put in a bettas tank. Besides the algae you really need to supplement mystery snails diet with veggies high in calcium to promote healthy shell growth, which for a snail is really important since this a major necessity. I know that mystery snails have a hard outer shell so your betta cant harm the snail. I would quarantine the snail to make sure that he doesnt have any diseases that the betta could catch. I hope that i helped
3l1zabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #3 
LizzyP

My current tank is a 3 gallon w/filter. I see mystery snails at the store all the time, and they aren't expensive either. Hmmm...
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
snails, tank mates betta male