Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #1 
jonasgirl1622

Angry Heater is broken

Okay I just got this yesterday. It is the Marina C10 submersible heater. I pluged it in the light went on and then off I thought just turned itself off untill the water was cooler so I left it in there overnight and the water is now around 75 and it say it turns on when its lower than 78 so whats wrong? It won't turn on!! I'm probably just going to bring it back and get a new one, it might just be defected.
jonasgirl1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #2 
lelei

Actually re-read the instructions, in the lil brochure that they enclose, I recently re-read mine, after the light on the heater went to red, assuming that is was not working, I found out that the heater will not go to a higher temp, than the factory preset amount, it is not an adjustable heater, so therefore, it's like shuts off, at the temp is should be, if it drops below that, it will turn itself on again, and "Turn Green" to show it is in "Working mode" red means (I am taking a break) and don't need to work right now, your heater might be the same way..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 
lelei

What kind of thermometer do you have? and what size tank?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #4 
FishyFishy89

I highly recommend Theo Hydor heaters.
Very reliable. Any negative reviews I've read were for heaters 100Ws and up.

I have a 50W and it maintains the water temp PERFECTLY.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #5 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I highly recommend Theo Hydor heaters.
Very reliable. Any negative reviews I've read were for heaters 100Ws and up.

I have a 50W and it maintains the water temp PERFECTLY.
Seconded! I've been using my 25W for almost 2 years now continuously. It's in a ten gallon now and it has no trouble keeping the temperature. Meanwhile, my Marineland died after a few months. They replaced it for free, though. :P Always go for an adjustable. :)
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #6 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
Seconded! I've been using my 25W for almost 2 years now continuously. It's in a ten gallon now and it has no trouble keeping the temperature. Meanwhile, my Marineland died after a few months. They replaced it for free, though. :P Always go for an adjustable. :)
YES!
Adjustable heaters are best! Marineland is a GREAT company for their filters/aquariums. But their heaters are quite low quality. Can't even count how many Marineland heaters I went through with my 20 gallon. I'm pretty sure the company actually opened a case with me o.O My 75 gallon might just get a few 50W Hydros.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater