Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #1 
Enkil

RIP Doyle

I'm so sorry little Doyle.

I found my black halfmoon double tail Doyle dead today. He was a tail biter and had taken his tail nearly completely off. He was having trouble swimming because of it so I moved him to shallower heated water. When I went to check on them today, I couldn't find him. He didn't swim up for food. So I started fishing around, looking for him. He's so dark that he blends in with his gravel... I finally found him. He didn't make it. I feel horrid about it really.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #2 
battlehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post

I found my black halfmoon double tail Doyle dead today. He was a tail biter and had taken his tail nearly completely off. He was having trouble swimming because of it so I moved him to shallower heated water. When I went to check on them today, I couldn't find him. He didn't swim up for food. So I started fishing around, looking for him. He's so dark that he blends in with his gravel... I finally found him. He didn't make it. I feel horrid about it really.
It's alright. You gave him a better life and now he won't feel pain where he is. At least you did better than walmart. Good luck.
battlehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post

I am so sorry for your loss :( But at least you gave him a good life
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #4 
Enkil

Thank you. His last meal was mosquito larvae. So I know he went with a happy tummy at least.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #5 
lelei

There is one thing that no matter how much love and care we do for our lil guys, sometimes that Tail biting is the worse to cure..and hardest to deal with..You did give him a good life, and lots of love and care..RIP Doyle~Very sorry for your loss.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #6 
xShainax

R.I.P Doyle. :(
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #7 
ANHEL123

Sorry for Doyle :(
I know it too late but just want to say. I have tail bitter but his tail grow back so fast. I think it due to extra water changes.
I do 1-50% and 1-100% for his 2.5 gall and sometimes i even do extra :)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #8 
Enkil

I have another tail biter who doesn't take his tail down as far as Doyle did. The tank Doyle was in is a divided 10 gal that I was doing water changes on ever 3 days to keep the water nice and clean for him. He had bitten his tail down to nearly nothing.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #9 
ANHEL123

He was in 10 gall right? Just wondering how much water do you change every 3 days for 10 gall tank divided by 10?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #10 
Enkil

10 gal divided in 4. I was changing 100% because of his tail biting and damage done to the HMPK's fins when a divider failed on me. Every time Doyle would get new tail growth, he would chew it off. I then moved him to a 2 gal and was changing that every other day. I did this so he was in shallower water to make it easier for him to get to the surface.