Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #101 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
That's great! She might even be a Betta breeder in a few years if she wanted to. :P I hope your rescues go well. How are the boys?
The boys are doing very well, Thnx As are the rescues..fins are growing in very nicely..I couldn't be more pleased with their outcomes Crimson is in his New 5 gal home..lovin it
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #102 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Ha, you don't want your kids to be like me. Lol. I help with chores, stay on this site a lot, and I have good grades... Trust me. You do not want a kid like me. :D

God forbid I have a perfect child xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #103 
LebronTheBetta

xD When you have kids, tell them I'm their internet friend. xD JK. I sound like a stalker, LOl.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #104 
Alcemistnv

August 24th
Time spent with Buddha: 6 months 3 weeks 2 days
Time spent with Pudge: 1 week 6 days

I got betta #3!!! :D

He's going to be living in the 5 gallon with Pudge. I don't have a definite name for him, but I'm torn between Blaze, and a few other "red" names xD

He was the only REAL healthy fish in Petsmart and I'm kinda surprised. I mean, the same place that had Pudge and a few other gorgeous fish only happened to have one really good one. And today was their shipment day according to an employee...

Well, here is the guy :3

Old 08-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #105 
Alcemistnv

7 months with Buddha~

And I'm finally packed and moved into my new dorm.
The fish have adjusted as well.
The car ride was hard, we put Pudge and Squirt in the cup holders and I guess it was a bit too much... so Pudge ALMOST didn't make it.

Buddha was fine, probably semi used to it from last year.
But that's it, they won't be going home until Christmas break. When I have 4 day weekends, IF I go home, I'll just do a change right before, and then I'll leave them be.

There they are, hanging around in their tanks. You can't even see the fish xD

I feel like the RA's already have some sort of idea of who I am now because I'm the only one to walk in with 3 fish, let alone 1 xD

I also made a Betta Rules on my wall so anyone who enters knows that they can't feed the fish, tap on the glass, plug anything out, etc.

I hope it works out!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #106 
Alcemistnv

August 31st
Time spent with Buddha: 7 months 4 days
Time spent with Pudge: 3 weeks 4 days
Time spent with Squirt: 1 week 1 day

So, things have been going great in the dorm. I've become famous amongst the RAs for having three bettas. Woot~

I bought some hornwort from my LPS (as well as a new thermometer and a ammonia tester), but I'm getting rid of it because I've found snails. And I mean it as in another betta owner i know will get it. Instead I have duckweed from Aokashi :D

I just bought a new tank, here it is:

It should be here by next week, and Buddha will go in there. The bowl will then get tossed in my closet.

I'm going to need to find some cheap decor seeing as how it's all either in the 5 gal or its at home.....

Also, everyone is doing great, and I hope it stays that way :)

Here's my favorite pic of Squirt:
Old 09-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #107 
Alcemistnv

September 10th
Time spent with Buddha: 7 months 2 weeks
Time spent with Pudge: 1 month 4 days
Time spent with Squirt: 2 weeks 4 days
Time spent with Sir Bubbles: 3 days

So, I got my fourth betta.
I didn't update as much between my last journal entry, but after buying the new tank, I realized I'd be able to get another betta, and well, I did!

He's adjusting so that's a good thing :)

On another note, Pudge has developed tail biting. I'm assuming it's because of his tail length. He's grown a bit since I got him, so I'm going to guess that his tail has become to heavy for him to hold.
Here's a before and after, and the pic is NOT to scale

But, Buddha grew as well, yet he has managed to leave his tail alone. I find that surprising since I'd totally see him doing it mostly.

What can I say, surprising fish!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #108 
TigerRegalia

I LOVE that picture of Squirt! What a little sweetheart. Btw, Pudge is stunning! He looks exactly like what my Iggy did c: By the way, regarding the new tank you just bought for Buddha-- are you going to establish the nitrogen cycle in it first before you add Buddha to it (i.e., fishless cycling)? I'm doing fishless cycling now (it's been 2 months) and I'm about ready to throw the tank out the window.
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #109 
Alcemistnv

(1 month with Squirt! Woot!)
Buddha was actually still in his bowl, but I just did a tank swap yesterday so he's in the 3 gallon now, and Sir bubs and Squirt are in the 4.

I did a fishless cycling, but that was a few days, just put water conditioner in it and let it do it's job. None of my fish ever seem affected by the water so I don't worry about it.

And Pudge isn't s pretty any more. Either has massive fin biting issues, advanced fin rot, or something else. His fins have been shredding for a good 3-4 weeks now and it got to the point where he stopped flaring. now he keeps his tail clamped like in the picture below and just swims around with no enthusiasm :/

He's in the bowl with AQ salt, and Buddha is in the 3 gal with AQ salt as well becuse I noticed a hole in HIS fin.
Pudge's fins look worse in person, it's terrible.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #110 
babystarz

Aww poor Pudge :( That's what my shipped fish look like a lot of the time. I have found that IAL in addition to the AQ salt helps a lot.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote