Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

The horror stories of boas unsupervised is VERY true. My roomie turned down a 10 foot snake, mainly because he would not ever handle it alone. It's best to have two people on board for such a snake, to avoid mishaps... Those snakes are STRONG! I had a 2.5 foot one wrap himself around my arm and squeeze...he is strong! Now imagine a 10 foot one...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #12 
thekinetic

I'd love to own a snake, particularly a pleblian milk snake. I find them so adorable with their little beady eyes and flicking tongue. But unfortunatly at the moment I live with my parents and my mom is the second most scared of snakes person I know the first was my grandma who couldn't even stand to watch them on tv.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #13 
KristenLovesPunkHerSnake

My snake :)

Here are 2 pics of my Albino Banana California Kingsnake. Not sure on its gender yet but i say its a boy right now. He is 4 months old, and his name is Punk. He is still small because his cage is small. He sure does have a HUGE place in my heart. <3
Attached Images

KristenLovesPunkHerSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #14 
betta lover1507

we have many ball pythons and 1 cornsnake :)
ball pythons:
Albino, Lemonblast, pinstripe, 2 yellow bellies, fire, normal

then one unidentified Cornsnake :P i used to have a hognose TT^TT
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #15 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
EEP! I'm only afraid of boas, though only when they're unsupervised. I don't know if it's true or not, but apparently a woman my mom knows had a pet boa that was around 5-6 feet long. She let it sleep in her bed at night, and eventually she noticed that it would stretch to its full length next to her at night. She asked her vet about it, and they said that the boa was measuring how long its body was compared to her so it could eat her.
Creepy story nonetheless
that is creepy as hell. sounds like she was lucy in a sense that the snake didnt see a reason to actually try to eat her. i dont think id ever have the right mind to approach a boa thats 5 feet or longer much less a 10 foot one. asian vine snakes are cool but id rather not have one when i own a gecko. those snales like lizards :s.

that aside, id love to get a cornsnake but id have no place to put a 20g tank. theres a dream snake i have but its out of my skill level Bothreichis Aurifer, yellow splotch pit viper. its a beautiful misx of brich green, navy blue and yellow scaling. problem is availiblity, terrarium size and the venom. though as far as i know its a paralysing venom that isnt the most deadly in the snake kingdom.

Last edited by nel3; 07-04-2012 at 09:00 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #16 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I remember reading that any snake 8 feet or more should absolutely never be handled by one person, you should always work with someone around an animal that size. They live off of instinct and one should never let their guard down.

BUT you gotta wonder.....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy2dCikZ8a4]Cambodian Boy Keeps Python Pet - YouTube[/ame]
>__>
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

I can guarentee there should be 2-3 people minimal. One can handle, but the other must keep watch Same with animals like green iguanas. Not a child's pet.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #18 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I can guarentee there should be 2-3 people minimal. One can handle, but the other must keep watch Same with animals like green iguanas. Not a child's pet.
lol, what can be more cudly than a large clawed lizard with sharp spines on its body with great jumping abilities. all jokes aside, they're cool reptiles but theyre not the best pets and a pest in certain American states.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #19 
betta lover1507

Blaze's eye's are fully healed :D somehow his eye's got onto duct tape TT^TT poor boy, and they where pink and strange looking. but after his last shed his eye's are healed X3 i'll get pics of how he looks now, i have a pic of how his eye's used to look, but never uploaded them >.>"
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Igs can be really sweet in the right hands. I do get sad seeing them for sale for $30 at pet shops.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote