Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #1 
Pogthefish

Cat hasn't left my room in days?

She isn't sick, she just doesn't leave, and the only time she has left was to get food. I have water and a litter box up here. I have made it her safe spot because the other cat bullies her, but he hasn't lately, he has been good and defended the house from any critter he finds in the garden :P He hasn't picked on Katie in a while, and I saw him politely waiting for her to finish breakfast this morning before he got his, so I mean what gives? Do I kick Katie out of my room? She literally sleeps in the same spot ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #2 
ashley9333

hello i have 2 cats myself right now i use to have over 13. i had a cat that did the same thing. she would hide bc of one of the males would attack her. then he stopped and left her alone. now i think of cats just like humans, if u got bullied in school u wouldnt want to go back and u would hide. thats what shes doing she doesnt feel safe. on the other hand just leave her in the safe spot and get u her favorite treat, catfood and try to get her to come out, have the other cat there with his fav. food. this will take time. play with the male cat in front of the female and everynow and again bring the toy to her. get them to play together and this will show her she has nothing to be scared about. this might take a while so be prepared. try to do this at least 2-3 times a day more if you have that kind of time. something else that would help if ur male cat isnt fixed try to do so, it will help him mild down. i hope this helps you, good luck
ashley9333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #3 
Pogthefish

Thanks, but I also don't think either of them would really enjoy playtime, and he isn't allowed in my room. I think she is getting more lazy too. She used to go outside and play and now she just naps. She isn't sick :/

btw I wont be here for a week, leavign tomorrow morning! She can nap all sh wants untill then :P
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #4 
Tazman
TFK Moderator

Just a quick question are they both spayed and neutered?
Tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #5 
ashley9333

u got to try to get them together. this will not be done in one day this is gonna take weeks months. if u want a peaceful house then u gotta work with ur cats.
ashley9333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman View Post
Just a quick question are they both spayed and neutered?

+one,, She could be about to give birth if she has not been spayed and has been outdoor's.
Need to check poop for worm's,medicate for hair ball's,ear mites, all of which can make them uncomfortable.
1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Also, how long have you had her?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #8 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lol, how many litterboxes do you have?
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #9 
Laki

If she used to go outdoors she might be sick. Cats will hide their symptoms very well until they can no longer.
How old is she?
When she wakes up how long does it take for her third eyelid to go away? When we brought Oliver home he had his eyelids in a lot of the time, turned out he was infested with worms. He has such a bad infestation that his immune system was suppressed.
I suggest taking her to a vet if you suspect anything internal. ESPECIALLY if she as allowed outdoors. If this sleeping in your room thing is a weird behaviour, it wouldn't hurt to have her looked at.
Good luck!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #10 
Tikibirds

When my dog is here, he won't leave my room either. He hides under the bed and never comes out. It's VERY stressful for him here and there is LOTS of yelling between my mother and sister. He is very sensitive to human emotion and it stresses him out so bad he hides under the bed. There are also 2 other dogs and 2 cats here, plus my chinchilla that he is scared of and my fish. My boyfriend took him with him for 2 weeks but he is bringing him back on saturday.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote