Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #11 
Pogthefish

U all are scaring me :P I think shes just hiding from rascoe cuz she went out today and they fought again -_- gotta put the litterbox back in my room -_- I will be on vacation all week, so I can;t do much, and they are both spayed and neutered. They used to get along fine, they would cuddle and all, but ever since we moved, they have fought like crap! I think its establishing territories.. :/ We moved 2 years ao, but now there are no 2 well-defined territories that can both get outside and to a litterbox... :/
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You should have at least 3 litterboxes for 2 cats.. And clean them very often, because this is where all the nasty scent territory stuff will go on.
I've been watching "My cat from hell" a lot lately. One couple didn't clean their litterbox enough and the cat would use the sink as a potty. O__O
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #13 
Pogthefish

We clean them plenty, lol :P but they usually "go" outside anyway.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #14 
Laki

When cats go outside the box it can be indicative of an internal kidney issue. Primarily with males (often leads to stones), but females as well. What do you feed them?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

Also her freely roaming outdoors- she could eat ANYTHING. she could have eaten something that is making her feel sick. That's why my cats are strictly indoor cats.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #16 
Irishdancer

I'd take her to the vet, that's really the only way you can find out for sure what's wrong. She might just be hiding from the other cat (my cat did almost the exact same thing for a couple weeks when we got a second cat), but whenever a cat's behavior changes suddenly, it could be a sign that they're very sick, so it's always a good idea to make sure.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #17 
Pogthefish

I will see, my mom only takes the pets to the vet when they really are sick, and by outside, i mean outside the house not the litterbox :P
Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish

It definitely doesn't sound like the behaviour of either a happy or healthy cat. It could just be that your cat is stressed out by the behaviour of the other cat or it could be that your cat is sick.

Without a vet check it's going to be impossible to tell what is going on. It might be that your cat is sick and this is why the other one is attacking it.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #19 
Laki

Unfortunately, by the time you can see REAL symptoms in cats the problem is progressed. I don't mean to scare you, but your mom's vet bill will not be huge if she takes the cat in now as opposed to later when she "looks" sick.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #20 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Unfortunately, by the time you can see REAL symptoms in cats the problem is progressed. I don't mean to scare you, but your mom's vet bill will not be huge if she takes the cat in now as opposed to later when she "looks" sick.
+1 plus it's easier on the cat.

My parents are the same friggin way
I can't wait to have a job and a house and actually take care of my pets, the opposite of what they do.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote