Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #31 
Purple

My female is very curious about my male (who is about 2 feet from her and covered in a towel :P), but poor Donald is terrified of his own reflection! :P My fish don't act like bettas, I guess. I would never put them together because I thought they were "lonely"... Only schooling fish get lonely. Sally probably just thinks that Donald is something she should be eating.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #32 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Sally probably just thinks that Donald is something she should be eating.
hahahhaha I agree!!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #33 
Chrexis

I have a 26 gallon divided for 2 male bettas, they'll occasionally meet at the divider swim along flare at each other and then swim away. But for the most part they mind their business and do what they do.
Chrexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #34 
Sena Hansler

That's good =D I have had a "pair" of bettas I divided in a tank, and they were fine. Some aren't
Old 06-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #35 
BeckyFish97

I think it was xshainax that had one of her males jump over the divider, and found them chilling in the same part together!aparently they escaped unharmed!LOL the same day this fish hopped in with the girls too!Again he escaped unharmed!silly fish :P
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #36 
Sena Hansler

>< Like when Maine breached the border and was all up in Spartan's face, and Spartan was so shocked he just....looked at him....?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #37 
underdebate

For the sake of offering a story: this Sunday I'm going into Toronto for a family thing, and while I'm there I'll be picking up a male and a female who are being kept in the same (tiny, tiny) tank. I think I'm developing a twitch in my eye here. I mean, even if bettas weren't a species of KIND OF VERY AGGRESSIVE FISH, I don't think anyone seems to realize that, you know, if you leave a male and female anything together for any length of time, there is a possibility that you might end up with hundreds of fry.

So yes. Sunday we are driving an hour and paying $30 for two sickly fish and a barely-suitable tank. (And then by god I'm going to eat birthday cake until I explode.)
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #38 
Sena Hansler

Yay birthday cake!!

errr... I mean geesh people shouldn't stick fish like that together.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #39 
Tikibirds

Quote:
'm pretty sure that my betta thinks my snail is an oversized piece of gravel. :)
My bettas probably think mine are mobile mossballs, since they look like moss balls till they start to climb up the side of the tank
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #40 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I wish I read this thread a long time ago. I got platys for my first betta, it didn't work out, and now I have a separate tank for the platys I really wasn't that into. If that wasn't bad enough, Petco must have sold me a preggers female because now I have some platy babies too!

Don't get me wrong, the platys are cute and nice little fish .. but I really just want betta tanks, and the platys poop a million times more than my bettas! I am cleaning the bottom of their tank a lot.

I also got ghost shrimp which died, and I really hated those things. They annoyed every fish I had.

No more tankmates for my bettas!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote