Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #11 
Shadyr

Whatever that store was, send them to the US! I almost had that experience at a place I found last week. Same as you described...until we came to the bettas, which were in the smallest cups I have yet seen :(
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #12 
RainbowSocks

Where is this heavenly fish store, and how can I get there?!?
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #13 
Aus

A long way from Oregon! LOL. It's local to the northern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #14 
RainbowSocks

Does anyone have a kayak I can borrow? Google Earth says I'll need it for the stretches across the Pacific Ocean... See you in 54 days! (I'm a fast kayak-er!)
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

What store is this Aus? The Petbarn near us is alright with the care of their fish (shock horror one of the employees breeds fish and I actually saw them properly educate someone on the nitrogen cycle). Was quite surprised as usually chain stores are awful *coughPetsParadisecough*
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #16 
Aus

LOL kayak! Watch out for the sharks!

LBF, it was the rather ominously named 'Super Pet Warehouse' where Bunnings and Officeworks are on Gaffney St.

They had the healthiest bettas and cleanest tanks (aside from the very crowded comet tank) I've seen yet in a regular pet store setup, and the drip filter thingy was a nice touch. Really polite and helpful staff, too. And the baby fish were really cute. :B

They do use the big plant tank as a sort of 'growout' tank for some of the babies, though, which means quarantining plants for sure, but plants and babies all looked lovely and healthy and it was fun to watch the little ones zooting around in all the plants.

They had a couple of truly pretty bettas, some in large tanks with the schooling fish, no torn/rotty fins or filter freakouts.. it could probably have improvements, but 100% better set up for bettas than That Other Place.

Notably, they had a massive red/black veiltail, wonderful example of what a veiltail should actually look like, and a HM (I think) in a sort of soft pearly fawn colour, really unusual (I'd never seen it before) with what I think was dragonscaling on him, really beautiful fish. They also had a very green crowntail, which Daughter thought was spiffy (no more bettas, we're full! I said, lol).
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote