Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 
FrostSinth

Wall mounted Bowl?

Does this look plausible? It doesn't say how many gallons, but I LOVE the design! It would be wicked awesome for my dorm room!

It looks pretty big, at least big enough, based upon the fish in it. I'd guess its a 1.5+, maybe 2 gal?
FrostSinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

Unfortunately many forum goers here frown upon tanks such as these. I personally think it will be tedious to clean not to mention that the wall that it is hung on can potentially be damaged.

If you like it and are up to the task of cleaning it every 3-4 days, I'd say go for it.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

sorry but it is not suitable for ANY fish, let alone a shrimp. A betta needs ATLEAST a 5 gallon heated and filtered tank.

Cool design though
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 
RainbowSocks

I really like the design idea, too, but I'd have to agree with the previous posters--I'd be worried there's not enough water, and it'd be a huge pain in the rear to clean. It could become a fun DIY project to go off the design and make a more fish-friendly tank. :P
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

No I don't think so. Can't be heated. :/
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #6 
xjenuhfur

It's a cool idea, but horrible for fish. It can't be heated, is less than a gallon, and would be impossible to do the amount of water changes you would need to do. If your looking for tanks for dorms, try the mini bows or 5 gallon tanks. I'm taking a 10gallon with me in the fall. :)

Also, you can't mount it on the wall in dorms because you aren't allowed to screw holes into the wall. You get a fine at check out unless you fill them in.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #7 
LaLaLeyla

I think it's a cool idea to be honest. It seems to have enough room for a betta and if you keep it in a warm place in the house I think it would be fine.

Before you guys jump on me about this, this is my opinion.

Peace out.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #8 
ninjafish

There really isn't enough room in that for a betta. It's certainly better than those stupid little Zen cubes that they sell, but it doesn't have room for a heater, which you will need.

Also, this has been mentioned, but I don't think you're allowed to screw holes into most dorm room walls, as its seen as "damage" and you will be charged for it.

I would get a tank of at least 2.5 gallons and a mini heater if you're looking to save on space. Just make sure you do enough water changes, and your fish should be fine.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #10 
ao
TFK Moderator

they do claim that it IS a 1 gallon. The problem would be heating. I think a heater cord into the tank will take away from it's aethetic appeal. Wouldn't water changes be a pain too?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote